8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the past couple of days i have notice a loud clunk in my front end.. to me it sounds like its on the passenger side but my friend told me when sitting over there it sounds like its in the middle on wet pavement the other day i revved my car and dumped the clutch and it knocked a few times then down gearing from 4th to 3rd it did it again then i held the Rs at 4 in 1st and hit the gas and it spun and clunked again im not sure what it is i changed out my clutch a few weeks ago so at first i was thinking maybe we left a motor mount a little loose but im almost 100% positive we double checked everything a friend of mine thinks its my axle that the boot is loose and water got inside im not the most mechanically inclined person so i cant really distinguish the sound so any ideas would help... :xyxnervou

·
Registered
2 Posts
I recently have the same noise problem it's the same situation I checked the mounts it came out all good I don't know what else it can be it never happens to me before... Any suggestions or did anyone find a solution to this noise.?

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i did find the problem. i had the vibrant race header on the car at that point in time. the exhaust hanger on the header pointed towards the sub frame. before changing to boomba engine mounts when i would hit the gas hard or spin or whatever as described in the original post and the mounts would flex the hanger would bang against the sub frame. i dont know if this helps your situation but that was my problem.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.