8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Guess people think the Flex is better then a PC.

Any feeback on the Flex?
No but I'm sure it's a good machine and will help a lot of serious detailers by offering more power but really FLEX is all the rage this month ,I doubt it would help someone like me who only polishes 2-3 times a year.

·
Registered
15,798 Posts
The flex is better imo because it benefits everyone, the guy who details twice a year and the guy who is doing it constantly. With all the other PC's it's going to take at least twice as long to do the whole car as the flex can. The flex breaks down the polishes and whatnot much, much quicker than a PC can. Also the new Meguiar's G220 is coming out to replace the G110, so I'm sure people are selling in prep for that as well.

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
The flex is better imo because it benefits everyone, the guy who details twice a year and the guy who is doing it constantly. With all the other PC's it's going to take at least twice as long to do the whole car as the flex can. The flex breaks down the polishes and whatnot much, much quicker than a PC can. Also the new Meguiar's G220 is coming out to replace the G110, so I'm sure people are selling in prep for that as well.
Would the Flex be dangerous in the hands of a total noob?

·
Registered
15,798 Posts
Any tool can be, but with a Flex or any other random orbital you're pretty safe unless you purposely try and ruin the paint. The flex can mimic (to a degree) the effectiveness of a Rotary, which is what's needed to take out serious defects, but it has really none of the dangerous aspects of a Rotary. A rotary can easily hollogram or burn your paint if you don't know what you're doing, but it's the tool you need to get out things like wetsanding marks. The flex *might* be able to get out some of those, definitely do more than a PC, but not as much as a rotary can in the end.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts