8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4,632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,

Just wanted to make sure that my shifter boot is not defective. My shifter ring (directly under the knob) is not affixed to anything and is able to move in all directions while I shift. Is this normal? I'm coming from a Lexus Sc300 and the shifter ring was held tight against the knob and never moved at all.
Thanks for reading. :popcorn:

·
CHOO-CHOO!!!!!!
14,929 Posts
The factory boot ring is only held to the boot with a zip tie. Why don't you just pull that silver piece (that the boot is attatched to) off, flip the boot inside out, and put another zip tie on tighter?

·
Registered
4,632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The factory boot ring is only held to the boot with a zip tie. Why don't you just pull that silver piece (that the boot is attatched to) off, flip the boot inside out, and put another zip tie on tighter?
I'm not 100% sure what you mean here, but I did open it up and put 1 zip tie on the shift rod between the bolt that holds the knob in place and the nubs that keep the boot from dropping all together. The zip tie was not thick/deep enough to keep it fixed to the knob. Sure I could use multiple zip ties, but I like the clean install that the strut king adapter will provide :). I don't know why, it just bugs me too much that it wiggles around.

·
CHOO-CHOO!!!!!!
14,929 Posts
I'm not 100% sure what you mean here, but I did open it up and put 1 zip tie on the shift rod between the bolt that holds the knob in place and the nubs that keep the boot from dropping all together. The zip tie was not thick/deep enough to keep it fixed to the knob. Sure I could use multiple zip ties, but I like the clean install that the strut king adapter will provide :). I don't know why, it just bugs me too much that it wiggles around.
Ohhhhhh, I see what you're saying. You want the boot to be connected to something so it doesn't move around. Is that right?

·
CHOO-CHOO!!!!!!
14,929 Posts
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.