8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i found this great pic of the r18. the exhaust does bolt right to the head. the text made it seem like the head/exhaust were one piece. but...u can see it really not. its at least a 4 into 1. lol....plz post comments.

here we come apexi WSII. ALWAYS USE THIS EXHAUST!!!!!

·
Banned
325 Posts
Apexi WS is a nice exhaust, I like borla too.

Whats a good quiet exhaust that wont drone, i just want a bit of noise, and a low note.

·
Registered
106 Posts
That's the only cat, it's dual stage. There are 2 mufflers after that... one that is midway down the car and the other right by the tailpipe.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Wow, it must be crazy quiet then... Just less than a week before my fellow Canadians get to test drive the Civic.

·
Banned
325 Posts
Oh and btw, anyone who actually thought the exhasut manifold was attached to the block or head is just stupid, they could never do that and make it practical...i mean, exhaust gets messed up...what are you gonna do buy a whole new head...or motor. i dont think so.

·
Registered
313 Posts
06Ex said:
Oh and btw, anyone who actually thought the exhasut manifold was attached to the block or head is just stupid, they could never do that and make it practical...i mean, exhaust gets messed up...what are you gonna do buy a whole new head...or motor. i dont think so.
I think that you should maybe be a little more informed before start calling people stupid. From www.hondanews.com:

The Civic is equipped with a stainless steel, low heat-mass exhaust system integrated into the cylinder head that eliminates the need for a separate exhaust manifold, contributing to the engine's compact design and light weight.
Here is a picture for your reference ;) :

The Accord V6 has employed this arrangement for the exhaust manifold since the '03 model year and there has been no durability issues caused by it that I am aware of.

·
Banned
325 Posts
jbbrann said:
I think that you should maybe be a little more informed before start calling people stupid. From www.hondanews.com:

Here is a picture for your reference ;) :

The Accord V6 has employed this arrangement for the exhaust manifold since the '03 model year and there has been no durability issues caused by it that I am aware of.
I thought you were talking about the whole exhaust, i mean, in this thread you asked about the Apexi exhaust, thats just a cat back, or in some cases an axle back. why are you asking about the header/manifold, if you were talking about an exhaust system that doesnt even come up that far.

And btw, the only thing "integrated" in that picture is the very top of the manifold, before it collects into one pipe, so technically, the cat, and whole exhaust, and most of the manifold is still not a part of the head.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Yes, the manifold (and only the manifold) is fully integrated into the head. The cat connects directly to the head, so how could the manifold not be integrated with the head. Please read again, I never mentioned the Apexi cat-back and never mentioned the "whole exhaust" in any way.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts