8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
928 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While I was at the dealership getting my oil changed I talked to the parts manager about the HFP kit.
I told him I just wanted the front lip and he said he would sell it for around $350 he tried selling it for $400...
So then asked how much install would be...$150...so I said no thanks.

I know College hills sells them for around $300 but labor rapes you.
If I were to pay that much for labor I want the full kit..But if I go full kit it's gonna be over $1k. which doesn't seem worth it...

Is it simple to install yourself? if so I'll reconsider. still wish I would've gotten the kit thrown in when I bought it...

·
Registered
430 Posts
While I was at the dealership getting my oil changed I talked to the parts manager about the HFP kit.
I told him I just wanted the front lip and he said he would sell it for around $350 he tried selling it for $400...
So then asked how much install would be...$150...so I said no thanks.

I know College hills sells them for around $300 but labor rapes you.
If I were to pay that much for labor I want the full kit..But if I go full kit it's gonna be over $1k. which doesn't seem worth it...

Is it simple to install yourself? if so I'll reconsider. still wish I would've gotten the kit thrown in when I bought it...
you can handle the install. If it's like others I've seen is mounted with 3m tape and then screwed on. Very easy. I've seen them for $250 BTW. Keep shopping and DIY FTW!!!

·
Registered
928 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea, I couldn't find a DIY for the kit, if anyone knows of one please tell.
I'm a little intimidated from everyone saying have your dealership pro's install it.

·
Registered
3,362 Posts
From some of the "Professional" installations I've seen, you would be better to install it yourself. Mine was installed by a dealership, but this was actually one of the best dealer installed kits that I have seen. I got lucky.

·
Registered
8,756 Posts
Everyone saying having a pro install? Most I've heard here say the front lip is easy to install.

·
Registered
497 Posts
From some of the "Professional" installations I've seen, you would be better to install it yourself. Mine was installed by a dealership, but this was actually one of the best dealer installed kits that I have seen. I got lucky.
^^^ True that^^^ There is no way to professionally install an HFP body kit. My family owns a Honda dealership, and I have seen how we install them, trust me it aint rocket science.

·
Registered
428 Posts
I am not one to put things on myself, but I decided to tackle this project to save some $$. It was actually pretty easy & fun. BTW, my install was cleaner than the install on my 06 si coupe hfp lip. No issues with mine, whereas theirs was coming off at he top! DIY FTW.

·
Webby's Minion
7,058 Posts
Like people have said, the install shouldn't be too difficult at all and all the instructions are posted on the College Hills website anyway.

Labor is a lot, but they wouldn't be able to go cheaper. Consider if it takes two people to prep and install the kit at $50/hr, plus administrative paperwork at about $50/hr, the cost for labor quickly goes up.

I'd recommend calling up a buddy or two to help you hold up one end and then share a pizza for about $20 when you've finished your work.

·
Registered
5,705 Posts
My honda dealership charge me about $140 to install the full HFP kit on my car, and they did a great job. i was watching the full install.

·
Registered
928 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well I talked to College hills honda and they said it shouldn't be hard.
So I guess I'll give it a go!
I think I'll just go with the front lip...I don't want to spend a butt load for the whole kit..

·
Premium Member
30,957 Posts
good luck with it shouldnt be hard

·
Registered
7,085 Posts
Im going to piece together a lip kit, and definantely install myself. Theres no reason you should pay for this unless your completely Mechanically confused or dont have the proper tools or time.

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Exactly.. give it a shot an if it's overwhelming have a pro do it.

·
Registered
252 Posts
About the pro installation : It's only to discourage you ... I personally don't think that it can be harder than installing the fogs :xyxnervou .. that's REALLY a PITA !! and we've succeded on installing them :lildevil: !

1 - 20 of 25 Posts