8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tire size is 225/50/R17.
Bought these for my 09 but suspension sits on top of tire once sitting on ground. I know I need spacers but not sure what width I need. Anything helps also pics will be better to get a better view

Attachments

·
Registered
137 Posts
When you say it sits on top of the tire do you mean seat where the spring sits it hitting the tire or the tire is touching the top of the wheel well? Those tires are a bit to tall for a civic, should be 40 for 225.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
When you say it sits on top of the tire do you mean seat where the spring sits it hitting the tire or the tire is touching the top of the wheel well? Those tires are a bit to tall for a civic, should be 40 for 225.
The spring sits on top of tire. I bought these rims and tires it came with have about 70% life still. So I want to use before I buy new shoes.

·
Registered
137 Posts
The spring sits on top of tire. I bought these rims and tires it came with have about 70% life still. So I want to use before I buy new shoes.
Well thats a bit of an issue. You are right that spacers should help fix that but the best solution would to get properly sized tires. The tires are almost 1.5 inches taller than the stock size.

If you want to try the spacer route then I would try and measure how much much it is overlapping. Easiest way would probably be to jack up one wheel and try to measure the overlap with a tape measure. You are gonna be limited on how far out you can push the wheel before you start getting interference with the fender, especially that they are bigger than stock.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well thats a bit of an issue. You are right that spacers should help fix that but the best solution would to get properly sized tires. The tires are almost 1.5 inches taller than the stock size.

If you want to try the spacer route then I would try and measure how much much it is overlapping. Easiest way would probably be to jack up one wheel and try to measure the overlap with a tape measure. You are gonna be limited on how far out you can push the wheel before you start getting interference with the fender, especially that they are bigger than stock.
Im gonna try that first to see if it won’t be in way of the fender and if so imma gonna have to get the right size tires for them. Thanks bro appreciate your help!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts