8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
577 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so its time for me to get some new tires for my si. im going to keep the stock wheels so what do u guys suggest i should get? im looking for some high proformace tires that are good in the winter as well as the summer. btw i live in new england so we get a good amount of snow. my budget is no more than $450-500.

·
Registered
159 Posts
High performance tires that are good in the summer and in the snow/ice don't exist. If you get a good amount of snow, it would be a good idea to get some separate 16" wheels and winter tires. Winter is coming around so get the snow package now and save up for summer tires when they can be used.

·
Banned
717 Posts
Youd want a set of ultra-high performance all seasons. rememmber an all season tire does not meant that its outstanding in the snow, but can handle the colder temps and keep the tire useable. the conti extreme, bridgestone potenza re960, michelin exalto are some good choices

·
Registered
932 Posts
Just my humble opinion !!!

Spence...As a member of 8th Civic Forum, I personally would like to thank you for your input on this thread. I have been a long time customer of Tirerack and have had nothing but outstanding service and great prices not to mention the knowledgeable employees that give you their honest opinion even if it may not close the sale (that has happened to me). Keep up the good work. :thumb:

·
Registered
376 Posts
Youd want a set of ultra-high performance all seasons. rememmber an all season tire does not meant that its outstanding in the snow, but can handle the colder temps and keep the tire useable. the conti extreme, bridgestone potenza re960, michelin exalto are some good choices
I'd go with the ContiExtreme out of these. Best bang for the buck and you get a free digital picture frame right now.

Hey Spencer does Jessica Alba deliver that frame herself?:biggrin:

·
Registered
11,919 Posts
Also the Goodyear Eagle F1 A/S. Personally, I'd also stick with separate winter and summer wheels/tires because you'd get maximum performance in both climates.

·
Banned
577 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
so i was looking at some reviews and i think i want to get the pilot exalto a/s but i can't find one that will fit my size 215/45/17 and where is a good place to get a good deal on these tires? other than the tire rack?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts