8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
17,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all Northeasterners,

Well, Ive terribly caught the mod-bug, and I'm going to have a lot of work ahead of me over the next four weeks (before the BBQ & Kickball Meet)... but I may need some help. So, I'm reaching out to all 8thGen's Northeast peeps for advice/help.

As of this afternoon, I have ordered my K&N Typhoon SRI. I'm also currently waiting on delivery of my Megan Downpipe and OEM Si AxleBack which are coming from NighthawkR18 in CA (Should arrive either Mon or Tues).

Later this week, I will be getting my windows tinted as well as clearing out almost all of the Amber inserts from my headlights. I may leave the one reflector on the side in there so that I dont have to replace the bulb.... yet.

On top of this, I want to lower my EX to give it a little bit of a better stance. I would like to order some Lowering Springs sometime today or this week. I spoke with Dan over at the Pruven Performance shop (About 10mins away from where I live) and he had said that I should be safe with a 1.0" drop without too much worry about ruining my struts and/or needing to upgrade my whole suspension.

Ive been looking at the Tein S-Tech's but according to this link the S-Techs end up lowering a bit more than 'Dan' had suggested. Now, here is where I'm really looking for advice. Do you think it'd be worth still getting the S-Techs? or should I just get something like the H-Techs or the Eibach ProKit? That doesnt lower as much?

I realize that the springs will settle, so I dont know if the Ratings in the thread I linked are the After settling or Before settling ratings. I posted in the thread and am just awaiting a reply. The answer to this may greatly affect the final decision here... but Im trying to choose very wisely as I dont want to end up screwing myself over.

Ok, almost done. Thanks for bearing with me...

The last thing I am wondering is this... I can do the HEadlight clearing, OEM Si AxleBack, K&N SRI and *most likely* the Megan Downpipe on my own/with my buddy. But I'm probably going to need some help from an experienced modder with my springs. Would anyone be willing to schedule a meet-up one night after I get my springs to help me install them? My tools are quite limited here as myself nor my father have an extensive toolset.

Any and all help, opinion, constructive criticism is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
263 Posts
PM me when your ready to start.

My friend works at Hillside Honda in Queens NY as a tech and he helped me install my Tein Basic's.

I have the stock SI suspension is you think it would be enough of a drop for you...

I can surely help you and if we have any questions, I can always reach my friend on the cell for advice..

·
Registered
17,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
concept2 said:
PM me when your ready to start.

My friend works at Hillside Honda in Queens NY as a tech and he helped me install my Tein Basic's.

I have the stock SI suspension is you think it would be enough of a drop for you...

I can surely help you and if we have any questions, I can always reach my friend on the cell for advice..
Would the stock Si suspension fit an EX? I was under tha impression that it wouldnt. I also assume the stock Si suspension is much better than the stock EX suspension.

Do you have any idea how much of a drop I would get from that suspension?... if it fits, of course... and how much would you be looking to get for it?

Im going to go do some research now to see if i can answer my own quesitons, Ill edit if i find the answers... otherwise, assume i havent had any luck.

thanks!

oh... and where are you located?

·
Registered
17,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
jrmartinez24 said:
there is no drop on that...it's like having ur ex on :popcorn:
LoL... i didnt think it would drop at all. Thanks for clearing that up. Ill just get springs for now and ill upgrade the suspension in a few months probably.

Still trying to figure out if ill be safe on the Tein S-Techs or if theyll drop too far and cause me to ruin my suspension.

·
ILDS™
121,509 Posts
PhalanX said:
LoL... i didnt think it would drop at all. Thanks for clearing that up. Ill just get springs for now and ill upgrade the suspension in a few months probably.

Still trying to figure out if ill be safe on the Tein S-Techs or if theyll drop too far and cause me to ruin my suspension.

Just so u know...I have had my car lowered for about 40k n still have no suspension issues like shocks....all is still good :thumb:

·
Registered
17,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
jrmartinez24 said:
I have progress springs n the drop is 1.5"
Very nice. After looking into it some more I think the #s in the other thread were AFTER settling.

I just went and ordered my Tein S-Techs :dancing:

Gotta get the whip ready for that kickball meet!!

Thanks for your help!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts