8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had an FA5 now for several months. I plan on getting CAI, Header, Hondata. I want the car to sound as stock as possible. I'm not adverse to getting an aftermarket catback, but I don't want a fart can. Is there a catback out there that is known for its quietness. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
3,094 Posts
Yup, keep it stock if you like it quiet. There is no need to switch to an aftermarket Cat back the performance difference is pretty much Nill.
Instead put on an aftermarket Raceheader, that will free up some ponies :D

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Tom1222 said:
Yup, keep it stock if you like it quiet. There is no need to switch to an aftermarket Cat back the performance difference is pretty much Nill.
+1

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
so a header added to the stock catback will be pretty much as good as a header to an aftermarker catback? i wasnt sure if i was defeating the purpose of putting a header onto the stock exhaust. So how does CAI, Header, Hondata sound? good combo?

·
Registered
393 Posts
I have the Apexi WS2 and it is just about as quiet as stock with a litte deeper sound. Way quieter than Vibrant or Skunk 2. A header will probably not be very quiet.

·
Scrodums
9,486 Posts
Tom1222 said:
Ditto. I think the differences in an exhaust are minimal and if you're looking for an audible noise range around stock, then you mind as well stick with stock.

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
Not to thread jack, but i think this is what the OP is thinking also.

I want hondata, without the loudass exhaust. I know you only need ONE of the three, but im sure the more you put on, (header, intake, exhaust) the better the outcome will be with hondata.

·
Registered
3,807 Posts
anavrin351 said:
Not to thread jack, but i think this is what the OP is thinking also.

I want hondata, without the loudass exhaust. I know you only need ONE of the three, but im sure the more you put on, (header, intake, exhaust) the better the outcome will be with hondata.
then get hondata, RH, intake, and a quiet exhaust (tanabe, comptech, apexi WS) IMO most of the exhausts that are in "canister design" (skunk2, apexi n1, buddyclub) are NEVER quiet..

·
Registered
9,758 Posts
my tanabe with the dcrh is super quiet. its a lil and mean lil deeper than stock. tanabe ftmfw

·
Registered
9,758 Posts
i heard that to but i love the sound and i could tell no difference so i dont care. i think freq did the dyno but im not good at reading it so i could not see for my self.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
07k20z3ftw said:
then get hondata, RH, intake, and a quiet exhaust (tanabe, comptech, apexi WS) IMO most of the exhausts that are in "canister design" (skunk2, apexi n1, buddyclub) are NEVER quiet..
I ran this setup for awhile, intake/header/reflash. The intake didn't really do anything but sound, but the header itself brought me to 200whp, with the stock catback....since I added a catback, I'm probably at 202 or something like that now.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts