8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Send me a PM if you have any headlights ( has to be a set ) in mint condition without any broken tabs that you would like to sell me.

thanks
bjorn

·
Registered
19,488 Posts
Send me a PM if you have any headlights ( has to be a set ) in mint condition without any broken tabs that you would like to sell me.

thanks
bjorn
Gonna make me a retro? :pray:

·
Registered
10,259 Posts
:hiding: Bjorn.... our security has been compromised. Abandon ship on Project Popcorn
Ha ha!! I've been suggesting this for a LONG TIME!!! I would have LOVED to purchase a set of pre-made retros when I got BOTH of my retros (one for sedan, one for coupe). It's just so much easier than sourcing your own lights, then shipping them, then waiting, then getting them back, etc... you just pay and get them and you're done!

·
Registered
577 Posts
^^ This is one thing that has got me hung up about getting a retro... the down time on my daily driver. I considered riding an old rusty bike thats been on the back porch to work while they are gone.. but riding 26 miles round trip every day doesn't sound like much fun.

·
Registered
10,259 Posts
^^ This is one thing that has got me hung up about getting a retro... the down time on my daily driver. I considered riding an old rusty bike thats been on the back porch to work while they are gone.. but riding 26 miles round trip every day doesn't sound like much fun.
That's EXACTLY why I have always bought a 2nd set of headlights for my retros. I've had 2, and both times, I bought a 2nd pair to be retro'd. No downtime and then when I decide to sell the car, I can take the retros off and sell them -- putting the stock lights back on. It's a no-brainer in my opinion.

1,200 Posts
The thing that gripes me is shitty cars like Scion xD's have retros and our Si's don't....
You can probably buy the whole Scion for 5 grand yet we have to pay almost a grand to get ours done (no offense to Bjorn you do a great job and I understand the work it takes)

/Rant over Honda

·
Registered
10,259 Posts
The thing that gripes me is shitty cars like Scion xD's have retros and our Si's don't....
You can probably buy the whole Scion for 5 grand yet we have to pay almost a grand to get ours done (no offense to Bjorn you do a great job and I understand the work it takes)

/Rant over Honda
IMO, if you're going to offer leather and navi as an option on a model, you should offer HID xenon projector headlights as an option as well.

....With that said, I also think that if you're a luxury brand, you should (now a days) have the full lineup come equipped with HID projector headlights and cadillac offers their new crossover SUV (which I think is AWESOME) with normal halogen lamps... WEAK!

.... buuut they do offer a 300HP turbo V6 option in there as well! VROOM!

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
IMO, if you're going to offer leather and navi as an option on a model, you should offer HID xenon projector headlights as an option as well.

....With that said, I also think that if you're a luxury brand, you should (now a days) have the full lineup come equipped with HID projector headlights and cadillac offers their new crossover SUV (which I think is AWESOME) with normal halogen lamps... WEAK!

.... buuut they do offer a 300HP turbo V6 option in there as well! VROOM!
Well, leather and navi is different, as there is no regulation on those items, but for a different headlight, they will have to spend a lot to get the thing done, tested, and got approval.

Oh back to topic... I think someone tried an reflector style aftermarket headlight and seems pretty good, may be not necessary need an OEM for the retrofit.

·
Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Been getting some PMs about headlights.

Thank you, still looking.

Yes, this would be used for pre-made retrofits.

Thanks

·
Registered
72 Posts
Hey I bought an after market headlight off ebay for $50 and it was a perfect fit and match to my other one. I had several peeps tell me I was going to regret it but, they couldn't have been more wrong.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts