8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone gone to any dealership in the bay area to get their car? If so, which one did you go to and how was the customer service? Did they give you a good price on the car?

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
what's special about capitol honda? i need a little bit more info. thanks

anyone else have any suggestions?

·
Registered
16,845 Posts
I put a deposit on one with eric over at capitol, he's a cool guy. I went to him cuz I emailed dealers within a 90 mile radius and he was the only one who seemed interseted in selling a car all the other guys just shoveled me bullshit about how hot the si is and they all had markups.

·
Registered
6,272 Posts
what's special about capitol honda? i need a little bit more info. thanks

anyone else have any suggestions?
My friend has purchased two cars from Russ, he is a awesome salesman who will work to get you a good deal. Just tell him that Aaron sent you.

·
Registered
354 Posts
I purchased my Si from Honda of Serramonte, and it was actually quite a nice experience. Clean, spacious showroom, and a more relaxed attitude than at most other dealerships I've been to (but it's a car dealership, so obviously expect them to apply a little pressure). I'm actually most satisfied with the service department, as they're friendly and attentive without the condescending attitude that feels common at many other service centers (if you go there , ask for Rami in the service department, as he is one of the most helpful service providers I've ever dealt with).

They also have a Mugen Si in the showroom, if you're interested. :)

·
Registered
201 Posts
The dealership that I bought my SI from is Honda of Stevens Creek. I did go through the Costco car buyers program. My salesman made a photocopy of my driver’s license and handed me the keys to an SI on the lot and said go ahead and test drive the car by yourself. We agreed on the quoted price of the car, no haggling, it was under $20K. They didn’t have the car that I wanted on the lot so my salesman did a little digging and found that a car with my specs was arriving with in a week. So I bought it, and two days later, it arrived for delivery.

Their finance manager found a promo from Honda Financing that I could not turn down. Even my own credit union couldn’t get a better interest rate.

I recently went in for my first oil change, and my service advisor was just fantastic. She was very friendly, and wrote up everything that I wanted done on my car. Promised to have my car ready with in an hour on a very busy Saturday morning. They have a spacious clean waiting area.

I did buy a 2007 CR-V EX-L from Capitol Honda two months before my SI, good service as well, but I prefer Honda of Stevens Creek after comparing the two.

·
Registered
6,272 Posts
The dealership that I bought my SI from is Honda of Stevens Creek. I did go through the Costco car buyers program. My salesman made a photocopy of my driver’s license and handed me the keys to an SI on the lot and said go ahead and test drive the car by yourself. We agreed on the quoted price of the car, no haggling, it was under $20K. They didn’t have the car that I wanted on the lot so my salesman did a little digging and found that a car with my specs was arriving with in a week. So I bought it, and two days later, it arrived for delivery.

Their finance manager found a promo from Honda Financing that I could not turn down. Even my own credit union couldn’t get a better interest rate.

I recently went in for my first oil change, and my service advisor was just fantastic. She was very friendly, and wrote up everything that I wanted done on my car. Promised to have my car ready with in an hour on a very busy Saturday morning. They have a spacious clean waiting area.

I did buy a 2007 CR-V EX-L from Capitol Honda two months before my SI, good service as well, but I prefer Honda of Stevens Creek after comparing the two.
Im glad you had a good experience with Stevens Creek Honda, my parents bought a Odyssey back in 2000 from them. My experience was completely different though.

The first time i went in they ignored me and i had to hunt somebody down who ended up ditching me. I finally found somebody who could unlock a car, but after he unlocked it and while i was talking to him he also walked off! So i just felt ignored and ended up leaving.

The second time i went it was later in the day (around 5 oclock) I just went to look at a Civic. So just as before, i had to hunt down a salesman. He said he couldnt unlock a car but would find somebody who could, i waited a good 15 minutes but he never came back. I then found a salesman who was wondering around, he asked which car i wanted to look at and went to get a key. While he was off getting a key, one of the lower ranking employees was walking around checking if all the doors were locked. I asked him whats up with the keys and he said that there key box was locked for the day. After hearing that i got fed up and figured they really didnt want my buisness and ended up leaving.

This was my experience with Stevens Creek Honda, i have only gone back for servicing and had a good experience with that. But i would not recommend buying a car from them.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks a lot guys. i went to stevens creek today and the guy i talked to was really nice and helpful. not pushy at all. but the thing keeping me from getting an Si is the insurance. its crazy! but we'll see..

·
Registered
201 Posts
Im glad you had a good experience with Stevens Creek Honda, my parents bought a Odyssey back in 2000 from them. My experience was completely different though.

The first time i went in they ignored me and i had to hunt somebody down who ended up ditching me. I finally found somebody who could unlock a car, but after he unlocked it and while i was talking to him he also walked off! So i just felt ignored and ended up leaving.

The second time i went it was later in the day (around 5 oclock) I just went to look at a Civic. So just as before, i had to hunt down a salesman. He said he couldnt unlock a car but would find somebody who could, i waited a good 15 minutes but he never came back. I then found a salesman who was wondering around, he asked which car i wanted to look at and went to get a key. While he was off getting a key, one of the lower ranking employees was walking around checking if all the doors were locked. I asked him whats up with the keys and he said that there key box was locked for the day. After hearing that i got fed up and figured they really didnt want my buisness and ended up leaving.

This was my experience with Stevens Creek Honda, i have only gone back for servicing and had a good experience with that. But i would not recommend buying a car from them.

Aaron,

Sorry to hear that you had such a bad experience with Honda of Stevens Creek. I did deal with just the Fleet/Internet manager. A coworker who recommended the same Fleet/Internet manager to me also had a great experience there. If they treated me the same way they treated you, I would feel the same way as you. I am just expressing the experience that I received when I purchased my car and when I brought it in for service.

thanks a lot guys. i went to stevens creek today and the guy i talked to was really nice and helpful. not pushy at all. but the thing keeping me from getting an Si is the insurance. its crazy! but we'll see..

I thought about what the insurance was going to cost before I got my Si. I checked with my insurance on how much more it would cost if I got a Civic Si versus an EX. For me, it was just an additional $10 more for the Si then an EX per month. Just check with your insurance, they can give you a quote on any car that you are interested in getting.

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
I got mine from Walnut Creek Honda from a lady named Gina. She was talkative but was nice and did w.e she could in order to get me to the payments i could afford. I was trading in my 07 WRX wagon(I actually can say i rather have an SI). i felt a lot safer in the Si. I told her how much i was paying on my WRX(200 a month not a lease) and she did w.e she could to get me to close to that payment( they gave me the Si for $20,800 plus of course all the other fees but i forgot how much they gave me for my WRX. but now im paying 210 a month. slight increase but not bad at all. Im only 17 and lets say i got addicted to boosting when i could and i do alot of in city driving. saw it caused my WRX to be slightly a gas guzzler. so thats another reasons i went with Si, better mileage and safer, handles better too. but yeah i thought i had pretty good customer service from her, and there parts/ service area aint to bad too.

·
Registered
881 Posts
Talk to Steve Fields at Autowest Honda of Fremont. He is the general sales manager there. If you need a reference, PM me.

-Freq

1 - 12 of 12 Posts