8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

Has a lightened flywheel caused misfire code on your 8th Gen?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 2 100.0%

• Total voters
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As stated, I am looking for confirmation if a lighter than stock flywheel will cause a misfire code on an 8th Gen Si

I seems strange to me but it is clearly stated as such on K-SeriesParts website and they restated the same to me again on the phone today. The only fix is stated as a FlashPro to turn this off permanently.

From my own research, I can find evidence of this happening on 9th gen and newer but nothing I have found states if the 8th gen Si has the same issue.

The reason for asking in the first place is that I am at ~145Kmiles and the clutch has definitely started slipping and needs to be replaced. It is still drivable right now but for how long. I would like to buy a complete kit with a flywheel and everything else and be done. I expect that the stock flywheel wont be in the greatest shape and buying another oem on is $$$. Unfortunately, locally I am not having luck finding a shop willing/able to resurface the original

·
Registered
167 Posts
I was in the same scenario with machining and the oem flywheel cost. A real machine shop can do a stepped flywheel but i wanted to do everything at one time so i bought a fidanza flywheel and an oem exedy. No misfires. Definitely lost low end at stop lights which makes it a little difficult to take off. I have around 20k on this setup. Flywheel is around $180-200. I have a 2006 no idea why you would get misfires.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I know the 9th gen will misfire with a light flywheel. But haven't heard anything about the 8th gen

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
At this point I am committed so I will find out soon enough. I've got the Exedy Stage 1 and Comp Clutch 11.5lbs steel flywheel. I purposely went with a heavier one just in case and because I am not a fan of dailying a super light flywheel. Going to replace the CMC and CSC while I am at it to completely remove the delay valving. Hoping that will give me a pedal that is not completely numb

1 - 5 of 5 Posts