8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed the SI grille on my ex coupe and of course I took off the "SI" badge from the grille since I dont have one.

But it looks kind of lame now because there is a piece of plastic where the "SI" badge was that sits out and looks ugly.

I was thinking of covering it up by putting a small "EX" badge there instead. Problem is I have no idea where to find one.

Hopefully somebody will help.

·
Registered
5,705 Posts
the best thing you can do in this case will be to take the bottom part of the grill out and taking it to a bodyshop and let them cut and re-paint the bottom plastic part of the grill to make it look OEM and there will be no marks left on the area where the Si badge use to be, this is another option you can think off, because adding another badge on there will be hard, i try and it was hard to make the other badge stay there. plus it looks better with no badge.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
that body shop idea sounds like a lot of work and extra money thats unecessary. I thought about cutting out the plastic thing. I could probably manually do it with a dremel and just smoothe it out afterwards and it would be fine... but I really want to put an "EX" badge there... cause it would look nicer and be easier

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
older civics had EX badges on the rear, but I dont think it would good in your grill. If you have the lip kit you can get the HFP emblem

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thats actually what im looking for, someone who took the EX badge off their old civic or accord..... ive seen them and I think it would fit perfectly

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
bump.. im desperate!! ill pay someone to take it off an old civic or accord lol

ALSO, if you have a "CIVIC" badge from your trunk, that would work too...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.