8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2008 Civic EX Sedan (176k miles). I had the windshield replaced last February. Windshield repairman said I would eventually need replacement Windshield Moldings for both the RIGHT (Passenger) Side, P/N 73158-SNA-013 Drip Side Molding and the LEFT (Driver) Side, P/N 73168-SNA-013 Drip Side Molding, as they were worn and brittle. He was right. Went through a car wash and right side got torn off. Did a lot of research and the cheapest I could find were $70 (not including tax) and I would have to drive about an hour to pick them up; otherwise, shipping would be close to $200 on these parts. (Something about the size of the boxes they come in...?) Well, there's NO WAY I'm shelling out $140 or more for these moldings. There has to be something I could use in place of these. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
9 Posts
If I were you..I'd proly drive to get them ..otherwise anything else is not gonna do the job like the OE ones.. that's just my 2 cents ..

·
Super Moderator
1,963 Posts
Not understanding where you got $70. I googled the part numbers and was given $38, OEM on fleabay. On conicellihondparts, I could swear I saw them for $40something.

Mine are "whitening" with time, and the rubber gasket is almost completely worn. (i use Meguiars Insane Tire shine to blacken them and that last a few weeks).

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi, EdNaviEx: Thanks for responding. I questioned that myself when pricing out the parts. Maybe I have the wrong part numbers? What part numbers did you look up?

·
Super Moderator
1,963 Posts
Hi, EdNaviEx: Thanks for responding. I questioned that myself when pricing out the parts. Maybe I have the wrong part numbers? What part numbers did you look up?
CRAP. Sorry, my bad. I had the part numbers wrong. I was looking at a part on ebay that wasn't OEM. It was just some stick on crap. The OEM (conicelli) go for $68 each. So yeah, I was wrong. They are expensive. I see your point on replacing these parts for cheap. I do remember seeing that when they are removed, the clips are always broken off, so you need to get new clips with them. I don't know what to tell ya, i'm in the same boat.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts