8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I'm looking to buy a used Si (have an lx coupe right now) and I found an Si sedan close to where i live (NH) for around 15K, but it has nearly 70K miles on it. Would it be risky to purchase at this price with this kind of mileage?
I have a test drive scheduled for this weekend but I was just wondering on others' opinions.
Thanks

·
Registered
674 Posts
That could be a could be a hood price. It all depends on the year. Hondas and their KBB value intrigue me. Even with high mileage they still retain their value extremely well.

·
Registered
194 Posts
i js traded in my 08 lx coupe manuel for a 07 si coupe. got rid of my lx for 10k and now paying off 2k.

my lx had 30k miles and my recent si has like 85k miles. runs pretty nice to me. ofcourse except the notorious 06/07 si 3rd gear problem:(

·
Registered
2,808 Posts
Well I'm looking to buy a used Si (have an lx coupe right now) and I found an Si sedan close to where i live (NH) for around 15K, but it has nearly 70K miles on it. Would it be risky to purchase at this price with this kind of mileage?
I have a test drive scheduled for this weekend but I was just wondering on others' opinions.
Thanks
sounds a little high to me

I bought my 06 Fg2 for $12,700 with 64k miles.
this is abt what i got mine for exept it only had 22k miles

·
Registered
263 Posts
15k with 70,000 miles is way over priced. I wouldn't be so concerned about the mileage since its a honda, but I would look else where. I got my 07 FG2 with 36k miles on it for 16,000 and that was back spring of 09... just fyi.

Goodluck!!

-Matt-

·
Registered
75 Posts
A little over a month ago I bought my 06 Si with 87K on the ODO. I got it for $14K with a 2 year warranty. It goes in next week for the 3rd gear issue.

As far as performance, the car still pulls amazingly when Vtec kicks in. All my friends said I was stupid to buy a car with so many miles, honda or not. Only reason I went for it was perfect detailed carfax.

Good luck with your search, just make sure to do a lot of research before pulling the trigger.

Jason

·
Registered
7,755 Posts
Thanks
Too expensive. Bought my '07 Si Sedan with 24k miles on it for only $17k.

·
Registered
515 Posts
Well yeah thats alot, but i test drove a coupe si at honda place it was a 07 and my cars a 08lx coupe and they wanted 19 for the 07. They were only givin me 9 for my car and leaving me to pay i think it was 9k plus my car.. The si had about 35 miles mine had 34.. Soo. Its pricey but you can get a new one for like 21k?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts