8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I have a 07 lx coupe and looking to upgrade for a better ride since I travel about 60K a day. I have about 45,000 Miles on the car and it dosent seem to be as good as new. I know the ride in coupe is harsher than the 4dr but need something better.

Any sugestions would help. Im considering tein h techs or eibach prokit but not sure was shocks to go with.

cheers,
Brian

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yea i heard the prokits with tokico blues are really good at low and high speeds taking out bumps in the road.

I had a 95 civic with tein stechs and tokico illumina adjustables with a light setting riding better than stock and the car was lowered about 1.6 inches.

·
Registered
842 Posts
You can try getting the oem suspension off the 4dr LX/EX and using that. It is softer and will work.
I do recomend upgrading to the oem Si anti-sway bars, especially if you do get the softer sedan struts/shocks.

How are your tires? Changing tires to ones with a softer sidewall might do the trick.

EDIT: You'd even lower your Civic a bit if you went with the softer sedan suspension.

·
Registered
4,082 Posts
I honestly dont see why the whole world cant just use metrics and get it over with, oh thats right theres only one real country that isnt. . . I love my country, but I hate having to convert just because it feels like doing things differently

·
Registered
13,283 Posts
A. The IS250 is meant to be a sports sedan, so its going to give up a pillow ride for handling. I was thinking more along the lines of any other Lexus.

B. All the sedans ride better than the coupes because they have a longer wheel base and better weight distribution, not because the suspension is softer.

C. I'm sorry qwerty, but you are a dumbass. Do you really think any one would drive 60,000 miles in a day? If it was tongue in cheek, I take it all back. Lie to me, tell me it was tongue in cheek, please, I beg you. I want to believe that people aren't that stupid.

·
Registered
665 Posts
60K a day? lies! we dont have the top speed for that!

lol i know what he meant but at for a split second there i was like "wtf.. what does he do, drive back and forth cross country with the throttle pegged?" ahahaha funny visual. gave me a good belly laugh :D

*edit* lol i read this thread a couple more times and got some more chuckles.. Zueceone(post#2) is prob right about the tokico blues btw, thats no joke. i had em on my car with tein s.techs and theyre sure to give a softer bouncier ride! :D and then with all the metric talk im reminded of the Simpsons stonecutters song

who controls the british crown,
who keeps the metric system down,
WE DO! WE DO!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.