8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In 2012 I bought a 2008 civic si. I ended up trading it in a year later for a 350z. With my new job and my desire to keep miles off the Z, I am looking into getting a 06-11 civic(lx or ex) for under 8k. Right now there is a 2007 civic coupe, 5spd with navigation, 106k miles for sale a reputable dealership. I test drove it yesterday. It's a nice ride. Out the door, they are asking 8200. I countered with 7900 out the door. The car has been for sale since early September too. So finally, my question, is this a good deal? Should I hold out?

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
I would say yes I have bought two civic ex CPE in the last two years my first one which was automatic had 115k miles ex model for 8800 plus ttl I was happy with that and gonna make the auto work for mods but ended up,getting another CPE manual way better for my turbo lol 70k less miles as we'll. if your getting less miles then I had on my first one and nav system I say 7900-8200 otd is darn good actually at this point if I were you I would look at miles alittle bit going down in model can net you a smaller price point but you lose features as in sunroof or disc brakes etc.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The salesman called back and agreed to 7900. So if everything goes right, I'll head back to the dealership on tues/wed and finalize the deal. What kind of gas mileage are the 5 spds getting on the highway. 34-36?

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
I was getting 38-40 mpg highway and never under 30 mpg in mixed driving in my '06 4 door automatic. For some reason the autos get slightly better mpg than the 5 spd but it can't be by much.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Also, I have heard about the cracked engine block on the 06-08 civic lx, dx , ex models. Should I be worried about this? Also, I have read that cars manufactured in those years are covered for 10 years from the original purchase of the car. That should carry over to me right?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
So, after deciding on whether or not to pull the trigger on the civic. I decided to back off the deal and see if the price would drop some more. Almost two weeks later and the OTD price is 7,750. I think I may get it tomorrow. There is also a 2007 Accord LX coupe at a dealership close by, it has 103xxx miles and is automatic. The asking price is 7,149, so im guessing 7800-7900 out the door(without negotiation). The carfax stated that the Accord had the transmission serviced 20 thousand miles ago at a private repair shop. Should this deter me from even considering the Accord over the civic?

·
Registered
907 Posts
I was getting 38-40 mpg highway and never under 30 mpg in mixed driving in my '06 4 door automatic. For some reason the autos get slightly better mpg than the 5 spd but it can't be by much.
That is because the manuals are geared quite a bit lower than the automatics. Therefore the automatics will turn a lower RPM at the same speed which saves gas. The manuals normally do better in city driving.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts