8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want a .5 of a inch drop.. but I don’t wanna spend top dollar on mugen springs ... anything else out there that’s worth it? I couldn’t seem to find anything also what would best shocks be ... I don’t want coil overs

·
Registered
430 Posts
Is it strictly the drop you want or are you also looking for more performance? You could look into Tein H-Tech, or Swift springs? Both offer minimal drop.

As far as shocks go I would think Koni STR.t's would be sufficient but I am no pro when it comes to proper shock for spring rates.

·
Registered
777 Posts
Cheapest yet good, Tein H tech as mentionned and continu running your stock shocks unless they need replacement, then Truhart is the best low cost option.

·
Registered
79 Posts
You probably already have the half inch drop :)

The original springs have probably sagged about that much by now.

Honda offers the HFP kit for about $600 or so that has lowering springs that lower an inch, along with new shocks and struts. The front struts also come pre-assembled. This is probably your best option.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Eibach Pro-kit. Can most likely get away with using stock shocks while giving your car a subtle drop. Installed the prokit on my Mk7 Golf R and it gave it a nicer stance while slightly stiffer ride.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
5 Participants
Flying
8th Generation Honda Civic Forum
We’re a community for 8th Gen 2006 - 2011 Civic owners to discuss performance mods, body kits, Si models, turbo kits and accessories. Come Join the club!
Full Forum Listing