8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I am looking to buy a used 2006 Honda Civic with a manual transmission.

I am interested in the EX and LX trims (i.e. with AC) but not the sports version (Si).

My budget is around $ 8000. I have seen some cars on craiglist for around this price, but I want to know what I can expect when I go to dealers.

How many miles can I expect a 2006 Civic costing around $ 8000 to have run? What condition can I expect it to be in?

I am a first-time car buyer, and would appreciate any inputs from more seasoned Civic users.

Thanks.

Imon

·
Premium Member
7,904 Posts
Hello,

I am looking to buy a used 2006 Honda Civic with a manual transmission.

I am interested in the EX and LX trims (i.e. with AC) but not the sports version (Si).

My budget is around $ 8000. I have seen some cars on craiglist for around this price, but I want to know what I can expect when I go to dealers.

How many miles can I expect a 2006 Civic costing around $ 8000 to have run? What condition can I expect it to be in?

I am a first-time car buyer, and would appreciate any inputs from more seasoned Civic users.

Thanks.

Imon
Do you work or have any sort of average income? Because buying a civic for 8k OTD will have at LEAST 100k miles on it.

This increases the likelihood that it has been abused (seeing as its manual), been in accidents, etc. If you have a job just put down 7k on the ccar and pay it off monthly.

·
Registered
3,320 Posts
i dont think ive seen the term stick-shift used on a car forum in 4 years.

but yeah, for 8k the car is going to have really high milage.

·
Registered
674 Posts
A co-worker bought an '06 Lx auto last month for $8995. It had 99k miles when he bought it. Expect a bunch of miles on the car within that price range as they hold their value extremely well. There is no reason why the car with that many miles can't see 200k miles or more but expect some steep maintenance costs for a timing chain, suspension parts, drive shafts, ect and that's on top of the routine brake work, oil/air filter changes and tires.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts