8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought an 06 Civic Coupe LX in black from a private seller...the car is absolutely perfect except for the rims...since the original driver sucked at parallel parking, she scratched up all the stock rims...now I'm wondering if its worth it to purchase the LX stock rims again for around $150 or kick in a few hundred more dollars for some 16'' or 17'' HFP's or some other aftermarket set of rims...and if its aftermarket, could u guys say why you'd choose that rim and put a price or pic? :spinning:

·
Scrodums
9,486 Posts
What does your budget look like? If it's tight, just replace the wheel or look into repairing it. Aftermarket wheels aren't necessarily cheap (if done right). You'll end up getting a set of wheels, tires assuming you're going to go with a 17" wheel minimum, mounting, balancing and possibly a drop to close that wheel gap. When you do the drop, you'll need (or at least I strongly suggest) rear camber arms and an alignment.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Hi i have a question about the tire size for my civic.... I have 17" stock rim with s-tech lowering springs and skunk2 rear camber kit. I'm planning on getting 18" or 19" rims, but can't really decide which one looks better...I also plan on getting spacers so that the wheels come out a little bit, but not too much...what is your opinion on the wheel, tire, & spacer size???? Thank you....

·
Purpul Plane 4ever!
40,686 Posts
Hi i have a question about the tire size for my civic.... I have 17" stock rim with s-tech lowering springs and skunk2 rear camber kit. I'm planning on getting 18" or 19" rims, but can't really decide which one looks better...I also plan on getting spacers so that the wheels come out a little bit, but not too much...what is your opinion on the wheel, tire, & spacer size???? Thank you....

go with 18's and get a lower offset(40mm or so) so you dont have to use spacers.

·
Purpul Plane 4ever!
40,686 Posts
I recently bought an 06 Civic Coupe LX in black from a private seller...the car is absolutely perfect except for the rims...since the original driver sucked at parallel parking, she scratched up all the stock rims...now I'm wondering if its worth it to purchase the LX stock rims again for around $150 or kick in a few hundred more dollars for some 16'' or 17'' HFP's or some other aftermarket set of rims...and if its aftermarket, could u guys say why you'd choose that rim and put a price or pic? :spinning:
go check out colleghillshonda.com they have HFP 18's in the bronzeish color for $167 per wheel plus shipping.
Only thing is the expense on the tires.

·
Registered
4,809 Posts
buy these new konigs that just came out they are like bright coat finish they look really good, i forget what they are called though look in the december issue of modified.

·
Registered
3,632 Posts
Doesn't the LX come with hub caps and blackies? Not worth it to buy new caps or blacks.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Well i kind of want the wheels to come out a little bit...thats why i was thinking about 5mm spacers.....what do u think since i dont know jack about tires....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts