8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3,044 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Haha well I didn't steal it. I was at the junkyard cause my friend was looking for something and I was walking through the hondas and got my hands on a Greddy muffler for cheeeaapp! The whole catback was on the car but I pulled it off and just took the axle-back. Obviously the piping is not going to fit our cars but I plan on getting it fabricated and either pair it up with my aftermarket midpipe or sell it.. Only thing is...will this muffler fit? I know greddy makes an exhaust like this for our cars and looks like this but not sure if it will fit... :dance::dance:

·
Registered
11,635 Posts
well if you try and sell it then people are gonna know you got it for super cheap :facepalm:

why did you even post this man if your gonna try and sell it possibly?

·
Registered
3,044 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well if you try and sell it then people are gonna know you got it for super cheap :facepalm:

lol I thought about that...oh well I think I'm keeping it though always wanted a greddy exhaust lol

·
Premium Member
37,355 Posts
nice .... get it fabbed on. of course it aint gonna be bolt on. how would anyone here know if it fits without you giving any dimensions ?

·
Registered
3,044 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
nice .... get it fabbed on. of course it aint gonna be bolt on. how would anyone here know if it fits without you giving any dimensions ?
Why couldn't it be bolted on with the correct flang? And I haven't taken any dimensions cause I haven't had time plus what should I measure?

·
Registered
6,449 Posts
well anything can fit with enough time and money, but first the pipe angles the wrong way, and the hangers are in the wrong places. but besides that SURE it will bolt right up...maybe if you said what car you "stole" it off of would help also.

·
Registered
3,044 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
well anything can fit with enough time and money, but first the pipe angles the wrong way, and the hangers are in the wrong places. but besides that SURE it will bolt right up...maybe if you said what car you "stole" it off of would help also.
Not sure exactly what honda it came off of lol I think it may have been a 2004 civic. Had triangluar tail lights I think and yea I'd be replacing the hangers and the piping to fit my midpipe.

·
Registered
8,392 Posts
it looks like it will fit. all youll need to do is take it to a muffler shop to cut off a big chunk of the pipe and cut the hangers. They will weld new axle back piping on and weld on some new hangers.

·
Registered
11,635 Posts
wtf guys hes gonna cut the damn axle back piping off so its jus a greddy muffler and prob jus have it fabricated to his stock axle back

like cut the stock muffler off and put this one on there, not a hard concept at all :pat:
jus like when you buy jus the muffler from ebay same concept, why are yal having a hard time?

·
Premium Member
37,355 Posts
dude.... your 3 posts after mine is what I was telling you to do.

Fabbbb means cutting it and welding new hardwar onto it :pat:

I dont get the ? that you asked when qouting me.

You got a nice find here so bring that thing to meneikee and get it welded on for cheap ! :thumb:

·
Registered
763 Posts
i say ditch it. use the money that would be spent getting it fab'd to get a new full catback exhaust if youre looking for some extra power...

·
Registered
915 Posts

even if he tries to sell it, it's still a quality piece. just because someone got a good deal on something doesnt mean that the person has to sell it at a lower price then what similar products are going for.

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
even if he tries to sell it, it's still a quality piece. just because someone got a good deal on something doesnt mean that the person has to sell it at a lower price then what similar products are going for.
exactly. It's in really good shape as well. If you want to sell it I may be interested :dancing:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts