8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Si-Onara
5,874 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thats true but the whole deal was that honda wasnt supposed to release these parts except for Mugen Si owners and i go on e-bay and there one sits. Kinda odd to me.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Thats true but the whole deal was that honda wasnt supposed to release these parts except for Mugen Si owners and i go on e-bay and there one sits. Kinda odd to me.
the funny thing is that we can't even order them from honda, AHM requires that when we order them that we use a Vin# so that they can track the Mugen parts as what we call a controlled item, sorta *** that they decided to do this, but apparently AHM didn't want to make money off of parts sales.

·
Registered
151 Posts
what's even better is that you can buy the parts cheaper from king motorsports then if you go to a honda dealer, isn't that a funny turn of invents, normally king rips people off.

·
Registered
301 Posts
nice find, it is a lil pricey but still cheaper than the axel back that kingmotorsports is selling. i might buy this and pair it up with the megan racing piping and have a new full exhaust for less than 1400. unlike the catback from king

·
Registered
151 Posts
hmm these can be the missing parts stolen from that Mugen at the Honda Dealer ;)
i could be wrong but i thought all the took were the wheels and soem interior ****, i know if i were going to do that, then that car would have been missing a hell of alot more the when they found it the next day.

·
Premium Member
10,300 Posts
Who the hell would pay 650.00 for an axle back that gives you no gains? I get the whole JDM, Mugen thing but seriously. For 650.00 I could get the Vibrant header with cat and get about 10 horesepower and an awesome sound and pass state smog inspection. It looks awesome but who the hell buys an exhast just for looks. You need some kind of horsepower gain with the looks. Whats the point?

·
Registered
28,322 Posts
That is the regular Mugen axle-back that is available through Kingmotorsports not the Mugen Si axle-back section. The Lot No. is wrong to be the Mugen Si axle-back section because the one off the Mugen Si @ Holler is MU070107 & the part number is covered up in the fifth pic too.:shady:

·
Registered
28,322 Posts
Who the hell would pay 650.00 for an axle back that gives you no gains? I get the whole JDM, Mugen thing but seriously. It looks awesome but who the hell buys an exhast just for looks.
There is a member who did buy it for their 8thgen & his screenname is Ed06. www.8thcivic.com/forums/showthread.php?t=46771

Why do people like the Greddy Ti-C over other exhuasts? Looks & sound.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts