8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I decide to go out biking a bit after work today to pass some time.

My left pedal decides to split open and about near fall off...Soo...I pack it up and head off to the local bike shop to get a new set of pedals. I get home and they don't fit...so back to the bike shop for the right size.

Hop back on the bike and off to riding again..

then the seat comes loose on me...soo back to my apartment and tighten the seat back up and back off to riding again.

I go off the sidewalk a little bit and ran over I thought were little rocks sticking to my tires. Turns out the little rocks were about 15 thorns about a 1/4 inch length and as I pick them out of the tires, I hear the air hissing out. Back to the house and back to the store to get two 26" inner tubes, at that moment I say screw it and head home, so now my bike is sitting with 2 flats. Guess if I went back out, I'd get hit by a car next, so I decided not to press my luck tonight.

·
Six eyes
5,010 Posts
Haha... good call on calling it quits before things REALLY got out of hand! :rotfl:

·
Registered
212 Posts
gibbletz said:
I decide to go out biking a bit after work today to pass some time.

My left pedal decides to split open and about near fall off...Soo...I pack it up and head off to the local bike shop to get a new set of pedals. I get home and they don't fit...so back to the bike shop for the right size.

Hop back on the bike and off to riding again..

then the seat comes loose on me...soo back to my apartment and tighten the seat back up and back off to riding again.

I go off the sidewalk a little bit and ran over I thought were little rocks sticking to my tires. Turns out the little rocks were about 15 thorns about a 1/4 inch length and as I pick them out of the tires, I hear the air hissing out. Back to the house and back to the store to get two 26" inner tubes, at that moment I say screw it and head home, so now my bike is sitting with 2 flats. Guess if I went back out, I'd get hit by a car next, so I decided not to press my luck tonight.

LOLOL

My junior year of highschool my transportation was my bike, I had an old shcool piece of crap huffy but it was built like a rock, none of that fancy suspension crap.......

I lived about 10 miles from school and from where all my friends lived. I would ride bike there everyday, sometimes coming back home at like 2 a.m. like a crackhead in the night >=D

One day i decide to go over to this beautiful girls house...going over this bridge on the way up peddling nice and hard my pedals snap, both of em....so i wind up riding on the metal bars where the pedals attached...push one down, the other goes up, then you can push that one down and keep moving....

I made it about 2 more miles...and I hear a hissing noise from the back tire...im already halfway there so I keep riding with the flat, 5 miles left. I was determined to see this girl, mind you it was noon in miami summer, 94 degrees 100 percent humidity. 2 miles to go and the tire was all shredded up and got stuck in the gearing, totally jammed....I tried with no luck to get it out. I could not even roll the bike now, I had to carry it the rest of the 2 miles where I reach the hot chicks house, sweating from head to toe. And proceed to spend the rest of the day with her w00t. I reached my prize and it was worth it. At the end of the night they gave me a ride home with the busted up bike in the back........ good times

·
Registered
5,818 Posts
y2kedar said:
LOLOL

My junior year of highschool my transportation was my bike, I had an old shcool piece of crap huffy but it was built like a rock, none of that fancy suspension crap.......

I lived about 10 miles from school and from where all my friends lived. I would ride bike there everyday, sometimes coming back home at like 2 a.m. like a crackhead in the night >=D

One day i decide to go over to this beautiful girls house...going over this bridge on the way up peddling nice and hard my pedals snap, both of em....so i wind up riding on the metal bars where the pedals attached...push one down, the other goes up, then you can push that one down and keep moving....

I made it about 2 more miles...and I hear a hissing noise from the back tire...im already halfway there so I keep riding with the flat, 5 miles left. I was determined to see this girl, mind you it was noon in miami summer, 94 degrees 100 percent humidity. 2 miles to go and the tire was all shredded up and got stuck in the gearing, totally jammed....I tried with no luck to get it out. I could not even roll the bike now, I had to carry it the rest of the 2 miles where I reach the hot chicks house, sweating from head to toe. And proceed to spend the rest of the day with her w00t. I reached my prize and it was worth it. At the end of the night they gave me a ride home with the busted up bike in the back........ good times

jk jk

1 - 9 of 9 Posts