8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was doing spirited driving last night and after redlining 1st I couldnt get into second. It didn't grind, I was just locked out. I let the RPMs come down, and I am still locked out.
So I tried 3rd...locked out, 4th... locked out...5th....6th... all locked out.

I pulled into a parking lot, and let the car sit/cool down for a couple of minutes. Turned it back on....Reverse was locked out and when I tired to force it, it grinded bad. I was still locked out of 1st. Didnt have money on me for a tow, so had to drive home with clutchless shifting, starting in 2nd.

Today I was able to drive to work somehow...I was able to get into all the gears, but the car studders in 1st...and have to slam the stick really hard to get it in reverse.

My clutch has 30K on it, but this doesnt seem like a clutch issue. It seems I was unable to disengage the clutch, with the clutch peddal pressed down. I've read in another thread that it could be a linkage issue. Just wanted to get some opinions before I take it to the dealer for warranty work.

car has 30K on it
my only mods are i/h/e

Thanks in advance for any help

·
Registered
478 Posts
with the car off does it shift into all gears ok? if so its your clutch not disengauging all the way i have seen this a lot on 8th gens

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I can go through the gears when the car is off.

It this something that can be covered under warranty

1 - 6 of 6 Posts