8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,525 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am just curious, i'm giving one more shot on these LED turn signals and I'm wondering if anyone has load resistors installed in their cars and where or how the mounted them?

I'm not sure the best way to mount these bad boys since they heat up like a light bulb when I use them. In the rear behind the taillight there are some good metal spots I could stick it to without too much of an issue but would double sided tape be bad because of the heat or would they stick up okay? I have also thought about using electrical tape because it says its rating up to something like 600 C but then again it has almost no real adhesive power.

Has anyone done this? I would love to hear some solutions from people.

·
Registered
3,525 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I ended up mounting mine with 3M mounting tape under the headlight housing wheres theres a little space for it to breath and dissapate heat. So far its held up okay - i'm going to check it again in a week or two.

·
Registered
3,525 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I had some red LED turn signals - but they ended up causing a short and blowing the fuse. Remember - our front turn signals are 3457 not 3157 like a lot of threads on here have stated - I ended up returning my front turn signals cause it was too much hassle.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts