8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,525 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I am trying to install load resistors for my turn signals and I purchase 2x 3 Ohm 50 Watt units from autolumination.com. On the website it says that you have to purchase only two units and it will cover each circuit front and back. I installed one of the units in parallel with the rear bulb hoping to god it would work as the rear is so much easier to work with over the front but with only the rear LED bulb in I still got hyperflashing.

SO... anyone know if its causing hyperflashing because the 3 Ohm unit is designed for both bulbs being in or is it that I have to install the load resistor in parallel with the front circuit and it just wont work with the rear circuit? I don't want to stick the front bulb in to test if I don't have to because if the load resistor doesn't work I blow the hazard fuse and its $5 at checker to replace :(

Any help would be MUCH appreciated!

Thanks
SiC

·
Registered
3,525 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Okay - so I finished installing the load resistors in the front and the hazard lights/turn signals work perfect. I cannot get the parking lights to work now though and I cannot figure out why. I've pulled fuse #15 and its fine.. does anyone have any idea why my parking lights are not working? Also, the running lights in the back are not working anymore either, I assume they are on the same circuit. The lights were working just fine and i've turned the parking lights on before with no problems. Brake lights, headlights work fine too.

If anyone knows I need help fast - I can't drive my car without the running lights on.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts