8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Checking out the stickies, it seems there are biased opinions about intakes, headers and removing the cat ! Now some folks say (in a virgina accent ;) )
"don't waste your time with an intake" If that's true, what about the X-Intake ? Does it really produce the ~10-13 WHP or not ? Headers are a waste of money because the stock unit is already high-flow and it's only by removing the cat that you see an increase in power ! Confusing here because of the dyno testing that was done with conflicting experience of other users.

So which is it ? I wanted to go with an X-Intake and a Race Header with fowler to keep the CEL from lightning up... then tie it all together with Hondata .. Hondata work with a X-Intake ?
:popcorn:

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
Checking out the stickies, it seems there are biased opinions about intakes, headers and removing the cat ! Now some folks say (in a virgina accent ;) )
"don't waste your time with an intake" If that's true, what about the X-Intake ? Does it really produce the ~10-13 WHP or not ? Headers are a waste of money because the stock unit is already high-flow and it's only by removing the cat that you see an increase in power ! Confusing here because of the dyno testing that was done with conflicting experience of other users.

So which is it ? I wanted to go with an X-Intake and a Race Header with fowler to keep the CEL from lightning up... then tie it all together with Hondata .. Hondata work with a X-Intake ?
:popcorn:

thats a good plan.. you will deff see good results from that...:thumb:

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No, i go to maryland a lot and drive through virginia. I was pulled over twice in that state, and i was just thinking about the cop saying, "no some folks don't..." Couldn't use a radar in that state :/

·
Registered
356 Posts
A header will make power even without removing the cat. Vibrant has a very nice header with high flow cat available if you care about the environment. I think that you would be very pleased with the X-intake (everyone who has one, loves it), Header with or without hfc, and a nice exhaust. Should be good for a nice increase in hp.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.