8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

81 - 100 of 117 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Thats just it. Its not a race and thats certainly not what we are there for. Enjoy the road to your abilities and as the motorcycle guys say, "Ride your Ride". Go with the level you are comfortable with and like Keith said ALWAYS Stay in your lane.

Just about every corner is a blind one... so you will not see the Motorcycle or car you are about to hit if you cross the yellow.

Stew

·
Registered
2,898 Posts
its not a track, its a one lane road lol. You cant really race, you can only play follow the leader really. And we all have the same car for the most part, what would be the point of racing? To prove what?? Just come to hangout with new people and take ALOT of awesome corners.

On a separate note... Where has Cookstar gone? I haven't heard from him since last year pretty much :(

·
Registered
333 Posts
Well the dragon is only about half an hour from our family cabin in NC (which is where I am as we speak!) so I think I'm going to have to make it out this year.

Sent from my iPad using AG Free

·
Registered
101 Posts
Cookstar retired from planning the meets, which is a shame but we are trying to keep his legacy alive and kicking.

Stew

·
Registered
101 Posts
oh dude youre in Knoxville? Heck, thats super close. Come on down man! stay for the dinner on Saturday, its going to be delish! :)

·
Registered
333 Posts
is the fontana village that is referenced kind of the main meet-up point? Is this the fontana village resort located at the mouth of the Nantahala Gorge?

·
Registered
101 Posts
Oh man... you live by some of the best roads in the country. I would go through tires twice a season if i lived near there.

Stew

·
Registered
333 Posts
Oh man... you live by some of the best roads in the country. I would go through tires twice a season if i lived near there.

Stew
yea its for the best I owned a Wrangler and not the civic while i lived there. Still put the Wrangler on its side once playing though!

Family's house is still there tho, I try to behave myself as another ticket means no more insurance for me...

·
Registered
789 Posts
I need to go to the next one. I keep missing them due to military trips or deployments.

Sent from my iPhone using AG Free

81 - 100 of 117 Posts