61 - 80 of 117 Posts

·
Registered
6,518 Posts
I'll need diapers for those two ^

·
Registered
254 Posts
i always wanted to go in my bimmer (RIP) and now i REALLY wanna go in my Si. ill see what the other jacksonville guys think, its not super far away and could be some really fun driving.

is it true there is a tree at the end with car parts the dragon has claimed up in it? do we go up or down it? It seems long and information on it online is fairly vague, how many trips up/down it would you get on a tank of gas?

·
Registered
5,935 Posts
i always wanted to go in my bimmer (RIP) and now i REALLY wanna go in my Si. ill see what the other jacksonville guys think, its not super far away and could be some really fun driving.

is it true there is a tree at the end with car parts the dragon has claimed up in it? do we go up or down it? It seems long and information on it online is fairly vague, how many trips up/down it would you get on a tank of gas?
yes... but motorcycle parts

It is a road that you drive out on, then turn around and come back. you don't have to turn around :)

gas, not sure, all depends on how you drive (RPMs). In some cars, gas disappears rather quickly as a few people found out the hard way last year.... rolled to a stop with an empty tank

·
Premium Member
7,409 Posts
I filled up twice while up there, and had to fill up soon after we head home. The dragon is certainly a fire breathing dragon, but only because it eats so much gas

:woot: for corny jokes!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Awesome, Id really like to go again. And this time with my kind of car familly. Went 2 years ago with a friend, it was a Mazda meet. But still had a hell of a time. Only bad part about the trip is that Robinsville which is the closest town after the Dragon is a dry county....lol

·
Registered
3 Posts
The dragon is a good time and really fun during certain times of the week day/night. I grew up driving that road and many other roads like it in the area. If y'all need a local let me know. It would be nice to ride with some civics for a change.

·
Registered
2,898 Posts
Most of us (the sane ones anyway) weren't even close to really driving at the limit. Often, some of us forgot that we're on public roads in the middle of a run.

With that said, upgraded brakes are a wise upgrade not only for the dragon, but for everyday driving as well. Any car can do 100mph, but how well can it stop?
Im ready now ;)

·
Registered
333 Posts
So let's be honest...how much do ppl push it? I can't afford another ticket and I don't want to be tempted too badly, i mean i can take a lot but if every schmuck on the road is going to temp me to race theres only so much i can take, not to mention thats not going to make it very fun. If people tend to keep it clean I might be able to make it by.

Sent from my iPad using AG Free

·
Registered
5,935 Posts
Race or go home. Haha

All depends if you want to roll with the more dragon-skilled drivers. But they aren't racing, they are playing follow the leader. But for sure, stay in your lane, whether your car can keep up or not. No one gets a trophy for being fastest

-Keith
'11 WRX (31k mi) & '99 2.3CL (41k mi)

61 - 80 of 117 Posts