8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright guys.....To keep our rides in mint condition what products must a true detailer have to keep it looking pristine?

Be specific as far as the the name of the product, what its used for, as well as the brand.

Feel free to list more then one thing

I'll start.

Meguir's Interior Spray :) Works wonderfully also gives the interior a nice fresh smell and shine

·
VIP Member
12,350 Posts
To be considered a true detailer, you must spend at least 1hr a day at autopia.org. Better yet, make an account and browse their detailing forums. Theyre true detailers!

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
and tire shine..... shiny tires FTW

once again... black magic tire shine is great... spray it onto a MF and wipe around (spraying directly onto tires is too messy)

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I read a review of tests done on common waxes to find which was the best bang for your buck....Black Magic came out on top

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
prima nero for the interior plastic. low-gloss and mixed with a squash air freshner, it smells like deliciousness... mmm.

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
That's good stuff Bill! Have you tried 303 dash protectant? It's great stuff and you can buy it locally!:thumb:
No, I still have half a bottle of nero... honestly, this stuff goes on so strangely (streaky and whatnot), but after you wipe it off, it looks (and smells) great.

Where can you buy 303 stuff?

·
Registered
51 Posts
a good wax. the only problem i have is with tireshine it just gets the rims all dirty after a while ..it basicaly splashes to the rim then the dirt stays there... and thats when i detail the car and let it sit in the garage over night.

·
Registered
33 Posts
a good wax. the only problem i have is with tireshine it just gets the rims all dirty after a while ..it basicaly splashes to the rim then the dirt stays there... and thats when i detail the car and let it sit in the garage over night.
I used to have the same problem, what you gotta do is spray the tire with the product. However, while you are doing this, you should have a roll of shop towels or bounty whatever, just something to wipe the rim off... Make sure you wipe the solution off of the rim completely with the dry paper towel, and then, after finishing all four, grab a cpl of wet paper towels and clean each rim one by one... Also, do NOT spray the tires unless you have about 20-30 minutes to let it dry because you have to let the tire absorb it... Lastly, before driving or moving your car, make sure you wipe the tires off so that, while driving, it does not splash all over your car... try this, I know it will help!

·
Registered
33 Posts
I need to get into the microfiber towel scene. No more beach towels/paper towels...haha
If you're a member, definitely go to Costco!! I bought like a 25 microfiber pack for a cpl of bucks!! definitely a good deal, I use that **** like paper towels, once it gets too dirty I pull another one out! I keep one inside my car for windows, water drops and dash cleaning (cigarette ash and ****), and two in the trunk. One for RainX removal and another for wiping tire shine off lol

1 - 20 of 41 Posts