8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking about getting a Ford lightnong its an 03 kenne bell supercharger. 2600 ti stall,900 mmr block, and a few other goodies. What should I look out for?

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Whats wrong with an automatic ????? My brother had a 04 siverado with an automatic doing 11 in the quarter no problems there.

·
Still dropping trout
16,213 Posts
A ford logo.

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
mileage. One other thing it's a FORD dude. If u really want one check rear tires. An under the back bumper to see how dogged the truck has been. Check all fluids. Drive it very slow through the gears the stomp it at 40 see how it kicks down. Note don't loose it

·
Still dropping trout
16,213 Posts
Seriously though, the only thing that comes to mind would be the Ford V8 plug issue that forced a recall. Other than that I can't recall ever hearing anything bad about the reliability of the Lightning. They're definitely some very nice trucks and I wouldn't mind having one.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I just got back from checking it out. It has a mmr block good for 900 horse power has 5000 miles on it. rebuilt trans at 5000 miles ago puts down 575 hp 600ftlbs. The only thing is it need a new paint job lots of nicks wich is expected from the age of this truck.

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
I wouldnt personally get one becasue they get like 12mpg stock, now i would imagine that with the KB and the mmr block lol, it would be getting about 8mpg, that sux..

·
Registered
682 Posts
I too have to suggest looking on a different forum. You could get wonderful advice here, but I don't think we're the right place to ask.

It's a Ford, and you'd have those -50hp Ford emblems all over it, so get rid of those first thing. Other than that, you'll get comprably horrible mileage vs the Civic, but since it's a weekend toy, you probably won't care much. Hmmm, that's about all I can think of. If you get it, you're gunna give us some pics right?

·
Registered
21,213 Posts
your better of going to some Ford forums and asking there.... I think you'll get very limited response here...

but if you do get it, post some pictures
:yeahthat: Why the hell are you asking about a Ford truck on a Honda Civic forum?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts