8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay everyone. Hit me with your recommendations. Here's what I have.
2008 Civic SI /6 speed manual
128k miles, all factory less the radio

Symptom 1:

●When using left blinker, left rear reverse light blinks, no left blinker
●When using right blinker, right rear reverse and left rear blinker blink, no right blinker.

Both front blinkers work as they should...

Symptom 2:
●No reverse lights when shifting manual transmission into reverse.

What I've checked so far:
●Fuse 10 under dash 7.5 Amp-replaced
●Fuse 23 under hood 10 Amp- replaced
●Reverse switch on top of transmission tested for continuity-good
●pigtail going to reverse switch tested for constant 12v power- good
● all 4 bulbs (blinkers and reverse) replaced with 7440 clear bulbs
● reverse bulb sockets tested for 12v power while in reverse- fail
● chased wire loom as far forward in the truck as possible to look for splices or chaffing - appears intact

This is my first honda. Overall in great shape and I want to bring it back to as new as possible as the paint and interior are mint. This wiring is kicking my butt. WHAT THE HECK AM I MISSING?! could it be the MICU? What other tests can I run in my driveway?

Thanks fellas

· Registered
379 Posts
BCM or body control module. A BCM going bad does all kinds of weird shite like: flashing dash lights, a stereo system switching from AM to CD in the middle of a broadcast, the horn honking when you put down a specific window or hazard lights activating themselves in the middle of a drive.

And you have some weird shite going on.

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So far all other electrical components check out and function smoothly. Its just the tail lights. If it is a bad BCM, do you know where it's located? I've read through some other forums and online manuals. Still no luck.

· Registered
379 Posts
That I cant tell you. I think it would take a Honda tech. I dont think that module throws codes like other sensors. Im gonna check and see what this site and others have to say about BCM's. Get back with you....

· Registered
379 Posts
g7computers.com says they reprogram, test, and fix any computer or BCM Honda makes. They would be a good option instead of buying a new BCM (pricey bastards).

I think your best bet is to call Honda dealer and ask about the BCM. See what they would charge to do a diagnosis.

LMK what you find out. Im invested now...

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
g7computers.com says they reprogram, test, and fix any computer or BCM Honda makes. They would be a good option instead of buying a new BCM (pricey bastards).

I think your best bet is to call Honda dealer and ask about the BCM. See what they would charge to do a diagnosis.

LMK what you find out. Im invested now...
Okay. I'll call my local dealer and see what I can come up with. I'll keep you posted. Appreciate the help so far!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.