8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

Light of (ABS) & (Break System) & auto-stop feature doesn't work

9K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  Goshenvir 
#1 ·
Hi...

I have HCH 2006
I went to mechanic to repair something in the axle of the right front wheel and after he repair it, the light of (ABS) & (Break System) turn on, I don't know why and the mechanic try to rest the diagnostic codes and the problem is still there..

The big problem also when this lights appeared in the same time the auto-stop feature doesn't work at all, and I feel like the engine want to stop and the PRM drop slightly and return to normal position...

What I can do ? The not professional mechanic told me I have to replace the ABS sensor in the right front wheel, is that right ?

And I wanna to know if the auto-stop feature only not working temporary because the problem of ABS & break system ???

#2 ·
The mechanic obviously messed with your braking system. Something was disconnected, damaged, or connected incorrectly. I don't know if its because you dont speak english well, or if I missed something, but you car seems to be very problematic. You are saying that your brakes AND engine are having issues.

You need to take it to a Honda Dealership and ask them what is wrong with it. And you need to take legal action against the mechanic if he messed your car up.

#5 ·
Thanks every body...
Actually the problem was solved from yesterday, and the problem was in the ABS sensor of the right front wheel, I bought a used one and it's work well and the auto-stop feature work again , that because as I thought when there is a a problem in break system it will affect the auto-stop , cause the auto-stop doesn't work without the electronic break system..

#6 ·
how did you test the abs sensor, how did you know was broken so you replace it?

after replaced it did you reset dtc error or is automatic the ligth go off?

i have the same issue my mecanic made some fix to the nuckle and turning on the engine without conect the sensor and i don't know if the light is on because has error code store.

thanks.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.