8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am noticing the light bulbs behind the climate control buttons in the center of the dash are starting to burn out 1 by 1.
I would like to know if I can change these bulbs out and if there would be a DIY on this process?
Thanks for any help

2008 lx coupe

·
Registered
38 Posts
There is a massive database on this
If I’m not mistaken it’s under the DIY ICE
I used it to change the lights to LED that I got off Amazon
Beat to replace them all at once.
The lights for the select/reset on the left of the steering column uses a different size and you might as well replace it all, since you have to pull it off to get to the climate controls

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
372 Posts
It's actually pretty simple. That part of the dash needs to be removed, on the back of the climate controls those bulbs just twist out and can be replaced. They sit in little plastic holders. The type of bulbs are t4.2 neo wedge. TDJohnson75 is right about replacing them all at once, (although some require soldering). It's actually pretty easy, if you have any questions, I can always try to answer. I've changed my whole dash to red leds so I have a decent understanding of this stuff.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi Guys. I have a 8th gen Honda Civic type R , 2.2 diesel from 2008. I bought it almost two months ago and all the console of the climate controls bulbs are not lightning up.
I was checking and replacing almost all the fuse under the hood and interior but didn`t seem to find the problem. Can you guys suggest me anything cos I am a bit lost.
Could be all the bulbs gone?
The climate controls type bulbs are t4.2 neo wedge? I was thinking to buy but I am still not sure if those are the correct types.
Thank in advance for your answers.
Regards.

·
Registered
152 Posts
I did it on my 2007 after finding a DIY thread on here. You basically need to start on the left side of the steering wheel and start removing the trim working towards the center console. I remember there was a hidden screw you need to find so you don't break the plastic. Working off memory it was either 2 or 3 pieces of trim to remove. After that you remove the radio and climate control units to access the bulbs on the back. It isn't hard to do. Just take your time when removing the trim pieces.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Hi Guys, this type of bulbs will also fit in sedan 2008 hybird?
The bulbs for the Hybrid have a different part number from the regular Civics, but they're still T4.2 Neo-Wedge bulbs. For U.S. Market Civic Hybrids, the part numbers are:

79609-S5A-003 - bulb for buttons
79513-SNB-641 - bulb for knobs

In all likelihood, the bulbs for the regular Civic will fit and work just fine, but I haven't tried it, so standard disclaimers apply.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts