8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i went to check out the Liger ... again ...
for those who can't guess ... it's 1/2 lion - 1/2 tiger ...

the damn thing is huge ...
my main reason for checking it out again was to see if i can get a pic of it standing ... but it won't stand so 30 bucks wasted again!

anyway ... a lil insight ...

it weighs 900 lbs
stands over 12' tall on it's hind legs
can consume 100lbs of meat a day but they feed it 20lbs of high grade meat...IMO that's crazy!!!! to me it means that beast is hungry ... IMO it's the reason it's not in any of their shows ...
it grows that big cuz it's a mix and is missing the gene that inhibits growth ... no one knows how come yet ...

i think it's the only one in the world ...
they don't want to make anymore until they know more ... but they say it won't survive in the wild cuz it will use too much energy to hunt and won't be able to sustain itself if it can't catch enough food ... i'm thinking it's surviving on 20lbs as opposed to 100, it will do just fine! ... they are probably afraid to let in in the wild for fear it will eat me, u and everything else around it ...

anyway these are the best pics i could get ... was behind a dirty glass pane :(

playing with mother nature FTW/FTL ... whichever way u look at it ...

PS: this is @ Parot Jungle / Jungle island in Miami ... there's also a giant crock/gator and a bunch of other one of a kind/only 1 in captivity animals there ... just crazy!!!

·
Premium Member
9,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
rippars said:
holy crap i thought they just made that up in the movie.
if/when u see it in person ... u'll cry ... lol
why?
the thing is freaking imposing ... even with u being behind a window, fence etc ... u get the feeling that u are not worth sh!t and u can be gone at anytime that thing wants you ...

it's crazy huge ...

·
Registered
9,758 Posts
sickyute said:
if/when u see it in person ... u'll cry ... lol
why?
the thing is freaking imposing ... even with u being behind a window, fence etc ... u get the feeling that u are not worth sh!t and u can be gone at anytime that thing wants you ...

it's crazy huge ...
haha

·
Registered
15,798 Posts
While that's very cool, it's kind of bullshit that they breed an animal 12ft long and then lock it in a small cage. It's almost as bad as birds in a cage..

·
Banned
2,406 Posts
there are many ligers in the world lots of zoos have them

just a lil FYI for everyone

LIGER- hybrid born from male lion and female tiger
TIGON- hybrid born from male tiger and female lion

male ligers and tigons are not fertile however the females are. Therefore its not possible for a liger and tigon to produce offspring. however females tigons and ligers have produced offspring with male lions and tigers which are like called ti ligers or li tigons ya get the point

·
Registered
6,754 Posts
I Vtec said:
While that's very cool, it's kind of bullshit that they breed an animal 12ft long and then lock it in a small cage. It's almost as bad as birds in a cage..
i had parakeets whose cage door was always open and they many times preferred the cage because it was so "homey"

·
Premium Member
9,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I Vtec said:
the cage is not small ...
it's in an area bigger than my home ..

·
Registered
3,648 Posts
Do they have a mate for it? If I were locked in a cage, fed steaks, and got to bone some hot chick all day I'd be happy.

·
Registered
15,798 Posts
sickyute said:
the cage is not small ...
it's in an area bigger than my home ..
Well considering it's several times the size of you, that's a bad way to look at it.

Unless the cage was a few acres big, then no, it's not a "big cage" for the animal.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts