8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats good everyone does anyone know if its illegal to have take your license plate off in the front in new york

·
Registered
928 Posts
^ Yea I tried that and got pulled over for it...LOL
It's just a risk...if you want to risk it then do it...but most likely eventually you will get pulled over for it.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I was going through the Holland Tunnel with NJ Temporary Plates, and the cop stops me asking me why I had no front plate. I pointed to the back at the Temporary Plates. Even though I was legit, I think it's a bad idea to drive around without front plates in NY/NJ.

·
Registered
4,668 Posts
If you don't get pulled over for it, you'll probably get a ticket while parked legally. It's happend to me already.

·
Registered
5,818 Posts
illegal here in texas too!! i havent had a front plate in a long time tho.. they wont pull you over for it but if you do get pulled over for something else they just happen to notice and throw it on the ticket for ya

·
Registered
14,403 Posts
wow... i knew it was illegal in NY
you dont need it here in TN

okay im planning to drive back to my hometown in NYC
so if i take my car there without front plates will i get pulled over or get a ticket for it since the car is from TN???

·
Registered
480 Posts
wow... i knew it was illegal in NY
you dont need it here in TN

okay im planning to drive back to my hometown in NYC
so if i take my car there without front plates will i get pulled over or get a ticket for it since the car is from TN???

If your state does not require front plates, then NO you will not get a ticket in NY for that.

·
Registered
189 Posts
illegal in CA for all i know. but cops here dont really care. like half the people around here drive w/o front license plate.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts