8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody know how to secure the bottom of the license plate so it doesn't make a rattle when you close your trunk. My previous Hondas had hooks down there, but I don't see them on my Si.

·
Registered
362 Posts
you can apply adhesive strip of foam to the back of the plate. im sure they sell it at fabric stores. thats what some people do with hard hitting sound systems

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cool, thx. What an oversight, though, all my other hondas had the holders at the bottom. WTF!

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
you can apply adhesive strip of foam to the back of the plate. im sure they sell it at fabric stores. thats what some people do with hard hitting sound systems
:yeahthat: You can get the stuff dirt cheap at Home Depot, Lowe's, or even Wal Mart. Just put it along the entire bottom rear of the plate.

·
Registered
514 Posts
get little rubber feet for the tables that make it so that they don't hit hte walls and stuff and put two on each of hte bottom corner. they're like penny sized and self adehsive, makes a satisfying closing sound.

·
Registered
511 Posts
i just took the top left bolt out and put it on the bottom left corner. So now i have one bolt holding in the top and one holding the bottom, no more rattle... i dont have a licence plate frame though, so if you do it might not work

·
Registered
126 Posts
i used velcro. stopped all rattle between plates / frame. as for the contact point at the plate / car i used the rubber stickies you can get at home depot or lowes or whatever.

·
Registered
248 Posts
I have them on my EX coupe and my dad has them on his SI sedan, not sure why your car wouldn't have 4 license plate holes for the license plate screws/bolts. I suspect you have the holes there and just need to buy two bolts.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Here's the PDI for the '07s...

Install the Rear License Plate Protectors (Sedan)
Two foam blocks to be used when mounting the rear
license plate are included with the mounting hardware
for the front license plate holder. Mount these blocks
to the indicated areas on the trunk lid. These blocks
keep the license plate from rattling.

NOTE: Four screws are used to mount the license
plate on coupe models
http://www.in.honda.com/Rjanisis/pubs/SB/A06-071.PDF

They were not installed on my '07 either.

You shouldn't have to buy anything, just go back to the dealer and get some. They probably have thousands sitting around.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts