8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, i'm in the socal, and I'm wondering is it illegal to take off the license plate in the front, my friend has an Si and he took off his, but i'm in LA and like yeah cops rolling everywhere, does anyone know if it's okay to take it off.

Thanks! (Yeah I repeated the same question twice)

·
Registered
111 Posts
its not illegal for you to take it off...lol but it is a state law that you have it on... i would leave it on just so they dont stop you for some bullshit like that.... i got stopped the other night cuz a cop seen i didnt have a front plate on..well when he got behind me he still didnt see a plate just the one from the dealer..so he pulls me over... ask for all my **** then asked me if the car was new... in my head i was like wtf... no ticket just a waste of time... so i would leave it on maybe put it off to the side of the bumper so it doesnt look as bad...

·
Premium Member
112,534 Posts
i got pulled over for the same thing a week ago. He said he pulled me over for not having a front license plate and then he gave me some words of encouragement.

He said "you should put them on, because what if you go out and have a couple of beers? You dont want to get pulled over for not having a front license plate."

I sat there in awe as a cop encouraged me to drink and drive. Im putting the front plate on today and going out drinking tonight!!. lol

·
Registered
8,148 Posts
if i were u, just put it in. i got pull over many times without the plate on the front, luckyly cops didnt gave me ticket cuz always says to them "im gonna go autozone to buy it"lol:yeahthat:

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i got pulled over for the same thing a week ago. He said he pulled me over for not having a front license plate and then he gave me some words of encouragement.

He said "you should put them on, because what if you go out and have a couple of beers? You dont want to get pulled over for not having a front license plate."

I sat there in awe as a cop encouraged me to drink and drive. Im putting the front plate on today and going out drinking tonight!!. lol
LMAOO!!!! :dancing:

·
Premium Member
98,627 Posts
i got pulled over the other day and he said one of the reasons was no plate. he made me pop my hood looked at everything in there. then he let me go without a ticket. he said put your front plate on so you dont get harrassed by cops. that way they have less of a reason to pull you over. he was a cool guy.

·
Registered
2,287 Posts
In Cali you must have the front on no matter what. i know a bunch of my friend who got fix it ticket. In case you get one and still don't want to put it on, go get some double sided tape, and put it on to let them check then take it off again. my plate has never see the front of my car since i first got it. *knock on woood*:eek:hnoes::police:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.