8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
7,438 Posts
S2000 by far has the widest and brightest beam. If the price is not an issue it is absolutely the best choice. Custom Lightz has done a CR-V retrofit before I was able to see in person on two occasions. Very nice.

·
Registered
10,259 Posts
S2000 by far has the widest and brightest beam. If the price is not an issue it is absolutely the best choice. Custom Lightz has done a CR-V retrofit before I was able to see in person on two occasions. Very nice.
Thanks for the input! I wish I had that kind of coin. TSX it is!

·
Premium Member
37,358 Posts
ls430's are very wide and perform very well also.

next time you happen to see an updated ls430 around in the night, notice how it projects the light about 6 lanes on each side immediately at the bumper line, its like a 12 lane box of light is driving ahead of it.

·
Registered
10,259 Posts
ls430's are very wide and perform very well also.

next time you happen to see an updated ls430 around in the night, notice how it projects the light about 6 lanes on each side immediately at the bumper line, its like a 12 lane box of light is driving ahead of it.
THATS the one I saw... there's a guy on the HIDPlanet forums that has those on his SUV of some sort and he has a sweet-ass pic in his sig that shows the beam pattern for them. Those are awesome looking.

Gonzo, any info on these? Can they be color modded? Can CustomLightz get them or have you seen them? Are these bi-xenon?

Thanks!

EDIT: I totally ganked this pic from a toyota forum. This is a benz w/LS430 retro

·
Premium Member
37,358 Posts
i know what your talking about, that guy on hidplanet however isnt using ls430's. hes using asian spec ls460 bi-xenons. and they are on the first generation lexus rx300.

nice pic, see how wide 430's are ? they are purdy expensive as well

·
Registered
10,259 Posts
i know what your talking about, that guy on hidplanet however isnt using ls430's. hes using asian spec ls460 bi-xenons. and they are on the first generation lexus rx300.

nice pic, see how wide 430's are ? they are purdy expensive as well
Ah, I hear ya. Well, I don't even have another car that needs retro'd yet so I've got time to do some homework and such. I do love the width of these though...

·
Registered
7,438 Posts
I haven't gotten my hands on one yet but Bjorn probably knows more. I think it is a larger projector so I am not sure about fitment issues on the FA/FG. This is not a model we typically carry but it should be noted all the models we recommend for retrofitting Custom Lightz has had a lot of experience with. I'll ask Bjorn what he knows about this one and if he forsees future retros with it.

·
Registered
10,259 Posts
I am not a retrofitter and have never done one. That being said, I saw this projector in pics and I don't think it would fit in an FG/FA. I would think it would fit in something like a CR-V housing though...

·
Registered
7,438 Posts
I talked to Bjorn, he was familiar with the LS430. Unfortunately it sounds like trying to wedge one into the civic headlight would be an exercise in futility, and CustomLightz has managed to squeeze some pretty big projectors into small headlights.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts