8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
26,621 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently have a full RX330 set up sitting here i planned to retrofit but after seeing what the LS30 is capable of i might make the switch. I would like to know if any members have experience with them or have successfully installed them in our headlight housing.

Few pics of what they can do -

customlightz feel free to chime in i know these are on the bigger side but i would assume you guys have worked with them before..

·
Registered
245 Posts
i have the RX330 w/clear lens retrofit and i wish it looked like that LS30 in the pics. I have an import question/opinion. I believe the headlight housing/shape has to do a lot with the over all span of the light. or am i wrong? would other housing provide a better cut off line and visibility point at the front of the car.? i will post pictures of my RX330 retro tommorrow

·
Registered
26,621 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
From the tons of research i have done yes differently shaped headlights can affect the output i guess depending on the slope or how the projectors need to be mounted and aimed. I could swear some 1 has done these before on the 8th chassis but most dont because they are expensive and supposedly hard to make fit. I dont mind spending the premium for God Like lighting as i have posted i would just like more information about them.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Yess I figured because me(fg2) and my buddy(fa5) are running the same retrofit and his has a cleaner cut off at the ground in front of the car. How much do the LS30s go for. I got my 330s new for like 150

·
Registered
13,332 Posts
The main problem with the LS430 is they are a massive projector, it makes it very difficult to fit it in the 8thGen headlights cleanly.

If you want that performance, go with an S2000, it will be close, if not on par with the LS430

·
Registered
13,332 Posts

·
Registered
26,621 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I was afraid that was the case i will shoot for the AP1 projectors then.

·
Registered
552 Posts
rick at hidillusionz recommends sc430 with a free clear lens mod projectors if you're thinking s2k. you'll get more output and they're big :thumb:

·
Registered
26,621 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I know the SC430 are wide but are they as intense as the S2K ?

·
Registered
26,621 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Sry i meant to say a bright intense output but i will be pushing them with a 50w set up anyway so that wont be a problem. I guess the problem is getting my hands on a set of SC430's they seem preety rare.

·
Registered
13,332 Posts
SC430s are pretty hard to find, S2000s I think are on par if not better than SCs. I just upgraded from RX330s to S2000s and the difference was pretty awesome, just my input.

·
Registered
26,621 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yes i seen that and i will most likely go with the AP1 projectors. I went with the RX330 initial because they are suppose to be just as good as the S2k's for less..

·
Registered
13,332 Posts
Yes i seen that and i will most likely go with the AP1 projectors. I went with the RX330 initial because they are suppose to be just as good as the S2k's for less..
They are pretty close. If you have the cash to do s2000 I would go ahead and do it just for the fact you will have the best and won't always be thinking that you should've saved a bit more. But for the price rX330s are awesome!

·
Registered
2,315 Posts
I have sc430's :dance:

They're noticeably sharper and have a more pure output than s2ks. They scs have a more vibrant output and almost slight purple haze on contact. If your going to do retros, I would shy away from the 330's. I mean your spending so much to behind with, just a little more and you'll have an awesome set up.

I've driven s2ks, was driving one for awhile last weekend. I used to drive an sc430 so that's why I wanted them, I knew what kinda of visibility I had.

In response to others. S2ks are awesome and are one of the best, but the scs are better all around.

Will I have a ls430 in the garage, haven't driven it in awhile but I could to refresh my memory and let you know about the projectors.

·
Registered
13,332 Posts
I would have to disagree. I was neutral on it all and still pretty much am but we took and SC and S2k and put them next to each other and it was nearly no difference. The SC maybe a bit sharper but with color mod stage 2 of an s2000 they are pretty much the same.

And to say to throw out the RX is pretty unwise. For the price the RX is amazing. Saving $200 you still get a great performing projector.

·
Registered
26,621 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
From what ive seen the RX330's perform great but like you guys said while i am at it i might as well just upgrade to the S2k the first time. The SC will most likely be to hard to find so the AP1 seems like my best option.

Are there any major differences between the AP1 projector and the AP2 ?

1 - 20 of 31 Posts