8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just ordered my '06 GG w/ Nav which isn't coming until December and I'm itchin! Let's see some more good pics of your new civics so that all of us who have to wait have something to drool over until then.

·
Registered
49 Posts
palindrome said:
I have to admit it, the sedan is hot! If it was up to my wife that is what I would have, but I pushed the coupe as it was MY daily driver. If I ever replace her car, I would definately go towards the sedan. Great color too!

·
Registered
9 Posts
does anyone have any other colors? i still haven't been able to see a nice photo of what the royal blue one looks like.

·
Registered
68 Posts
There are actually two blues.. one is almost navy, the other is a light, dusty blue. There isn't a true "royal"

I have the galaxy gray, which on the honda site, they show almost green, but it isnt green at all. It looks like a half gallon of charcoal grey, and a half gallon of champaign were combined, added metal flake, and sprayed on.

I'll take some pics soon.

·
Registered
332 Posts
SinsinatiCivic said:
I have to admit it, the sedan is hot! If it was up to my wife that is what I would have, but I pushed the coupe as it was MY daily driver. If I ever replace her car, I would definately go towards the sedan. Great color too!
Took the words right out of my mouth. With kids on the way possibly in the next few years and considering my wife just bought an 04 Solara, I will probably be stuck with a Sedan. BUT, with the 8th gen Civics, the more I look at them, the more I like the sedans! Dare I say, I think I'm beginning to like them better than the coupes?! (No offense coupe owners, IMO the coupes are still very sweet) I'm pretty sure I have my purchase narrowed down to an Manual 06 Civic EX Sedan w/navi. Only ? i have now is what color, but I've gotten it narrowed to white, black or red.

Bottom line, yah, the 06 Civic Sedan is a fly whip:cool:

·
Registered
14 Posts
I bought the EX Sedan in Atomic Blue Metallic... Ill take some pictures and post it up tomorrow, I would do it RIGHT now but its too dark outside hehe And I agree.. I think the Coupes are nice too but the more I looked at both, test drove both-- ended up liking the sedans more. Probably because Im one of those people who hates getting into other ppls car (with a 2-door) and hate the thought of getting in and out... especially when I have friends in the car. hehe =]

·
Registered
68 Posts
I looked at both with an open mind... honestly, i thought i'd go home with a coupe.

But after sitting in the back seat of both, and seeing them parked side-by-side, I knew the sedan was the better of the two. I'm 6'2 and fit in the back of the sedan perfectly. The coupe? Well, lets just say i'd have to cut off my entire head to sit back there comfortably.

The sedan's design looks more balanced to me. The coupe looks cut off in the back, with too much back glass slant. When the rear window is a triangle, it spoils the look for me.

Sedan owners unite! ;)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Here's my car guys! Its the 06' EX Sedan in Atomic Blue Metallic. I Get stares for this color =) Or maybe it's just the car? Whatever it is, I don't mind =D

·
Registered
14 Posts
P.S. I took this car this morning at 730am... I hear its going to rain today so it won't look like that (in the picture) by the end of today. LOLz

·
Registered
14 Posts
skittleslegend said:
All those pics, and not one has you in it :(

lol...
LOL!! Im the camera person.. who else is going to take it for me?? LOLz Maybe by this week Ill take one of myself in the car - at least not 7 am when I just woke up hahaha :D

·
Registered
9 Posts
paynomind said:
There are actually two blues.. one is almost navy, the other is a light, dusty blue. There isn't a true "royal".
One of the blues is called "Royal Blue Pearl" by Honda. I'm assuming it must be the darker of the two.

·
Registered
332 Posts
I like the look of how the front fenders wrap around onto the top of the car, bringing the hood more narrow. it's different, but looks great IMO

·
Registered
27 Posts
Very pretty!

That blue does stand out, especially in the sun. Can you add a sunny day pic too? Congrats on your new car! :)

·
Registered
14 Posts
MaLvado said:
Very pretty!

That blue does stand out, especially in the sun. Can you add a sunny day pic too? Congrats on your new car! :)
Hehe thanks!! Yeah I hope it gets sunny so I can take some more shots of it in the sun. We're getting rain this week so Im kind of SOL for now LOL :p But we get weird weather here in Cali...esp where Im from. One day its sunny, the next it gets cloudy and then 3 days later it gets HOT and the next its like 70 degrees (COLD) GrrRRrrr... I <3 100 degree weather LOL :D

·
Registered
161 Posts
Lo0kinGRL said:
Here's my car guys! Its the 06' EX Sedan in Atomic Blue Metallic. I Get stares for this color =) Or maybe it's just the car? Whatever it is, I don't mind =D
I noticed in the pictures there was no mention in the rear badging about it being an EX?? Is this true for all of the new Civics?

·
Registered
14 Posts
ncoday said:
I noticed in the pictures there was no mention in the rear badging about it being an EX?? Is this true for all of the new Civics?
Yes it is true! I think the only way you can tell is, the moon roof + alloy wheels but I hear that in Canada, they make the LX w/alloy wheels? Don't know if that's true but in the states - alloy wheels + moonroof = EX
I know some LX doesn't allow readable cd text? Not sure about this one either, whether it's only for the EX model or not since it's MP3 compatiable (LX too)...

LOLz

·
Registered
332 Posts
kind of nice IMO that there's an absence of the trim level badging. gives the car a little bit more of a clean look. Plus, since all 3 trim levels run the same engine, really not that big of a deal as far as I'm concerned. IMO, the trim level badging is nothing more than perhaps embarrasing for those that may only want or can afford the DX.

The Si, on the other hand, is a completely different beast, so it should have something to say, hey, look at me, I be pimpin an Si :cool:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts