8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

361 - 380 of 437 Posts

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
Got my headlights retrofitted by Rich of HIDIllusionz, his work is superb and his customer service is top notch. I happened to get the work done while it was a busy time for him yet he completed it all within a very reasonable time frame and his communications continued to be prompt.
Projectors are S2K AP1’s with the OEM S2K clear lens, Rich did a slight colour mod as I requested and it is very nice and subtle up close but reflects a nice blue and purple at a greater distance. The output is even across, intense and wide.
Overall I’m very satisfied with the setup and Rich’s work, makes driving at night bearable now.

Before & after

Parts:
S2K AP1 projectors with OEM S2K clear lens
MDX shroud
Osram CBI bulbs
Denso ballasts
TRS 9006 relay harness

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
Got my headlights retrofitted by Rich of HIDIllusionz, his work is superb and his customer service is top notch. I happened to get the work done while it was a busy time for him yet he completed it all within a very reasonable time frame and his communications continued to be prompt.
Projectors are S2K AP1’s with the OEM S2K clear lens, Rich did a slight colour mod as I requested and it is very nice and subtle up close but reflects a nice blue and purple at a greater distance. The output is even across, intense and wide.
Overall I’m very satisfied with the setup and Rich’s work, makes driving at night bearable now.

Before & after

Parts:
MDX shroud
Osram CBI bulbs
Denso ballasts
TRS 9006 relay harness
Nice setup! Wish i had the money to spend on those s2k projectors! I might just settle for the lexus rx-afs with custom shield since its almost half the price of those s2k projectors IIRC...

CBI bulbs! thats freaking awesome! I would love to see those in real life and see why its one of the best oem bulb in the market :D

I'm assuming those denso ballast are already potted :D Good choice!

·
Registered
171 Posts

Before & after

Parts:
MDX shroud
Osram CBI bulbs
Denso ballasts
TRS 9006 relay harness
Looks great Ryan! How much did it cost? If you don't mind me asking.

·
Registered
1,436 Posts

Before & after

Parts:
MDX shroud
Osram CBI bulbs
Denso ballasts
TRS 9006 relay harness
I approve this setup! :hail:

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
Nice setup! Wish i had the money to spend on those s2k projectors! I might just settle for the lexus rx-afs with custom shield since its almost half the price of those s2k projectors IIRC...

CBI bulbs! thats freaking awesome! I would love to see those in real life and see why its one of the best oem bulb in the market :D

I'm assuming those denso ballast are already potted :D Good choice!
Thanks! RX's are a popular choice too and I'm sure are good

Looks great Ryan! How much did it cost? If you don't mind me asking.
Thanks Ryan! Parts were from TRS so all the prices are there and you can contact Rich for a quote on labour

I approve this setup! :hail:
Lol thanks Lane! :badger:

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
Thanks! RX's are a popular choice too and I'm sure are good

Thanks Ryan! Parts were from TRS so all the prices are there and you can contact Rich for a quote on labour

Lol thanks Lane! :badger:
TRS doesn't have s2k projectors on their site though... :( I just know that s2k projectors are 200-300 more than a rx projector ... labor should be almost the same with rx setup if im not mistaken... So a s2k setup with cbi bulbs + denso ballast would cost around $1k + shipping while the rx setup would be around $800 + shipping...

You mentioned that you had a color mod on your s2ks.. was that included or extra charge?

Maybe i can just do a rx setup with cbi since its cheaper and we can actually do a comparison and see how huge the difference in performance the s2k projectors are really...

·
Registered
54 Posts
Came rushing here when mauricetan gushed about Ryan33's retrofit to me on Facebook ;)

Looks damn good! Puts my Mini H1s to shame :(

·
Premium Member
41,908 Posts
I think spring time I am gonna let the mod bug bite me again. I haven't really made up my mind yet.

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
TRS doesn't have s2k projectors on their site though... :( I just know that s2k projectors are 200-300 more than a rx projector ... labor should be almost the same with rx setup if im not mistaken... So a s2k setup with cbi bulbs + denso ballast would cost around $1k + shipping while the rx setup would be around $800 + shipping...

You mentioned that you had a color mod on your s2ks.. was that included or extra charge?

Maybe i can just do a rx setup with cbi since its cheaper and we can actually do a comparison and see how huge the difference in performance the s2k projectors are really...
Umm okay...

Sure...

Came rushing here when mauricetan gushed about Ryan33's retrofit to me on Facebook ;)

Looks damn good! Puts my Mini H1s to shame :(
Hahahahaha thanks!
MH1s still better than pnp! ;)

·
Registered
55 Posts
just got buddy club short shifter installed..good stuff, need to get my post count up so i can see fs threads and buy more stuff lol

361 - 380 of 437 Posts