8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Banned
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I live in SoCal and looking for a FA5 particulary Taffeta White. I searched all over and found that AZ has a couple of TW FA5's for sale ( used ). This dealership has listed a TW FA5 for sale, and i was wondering what the best way to talk "pricing" with a dealer over the phone, like i said i live in CA and the car is located in AZ. The price is around 17.8 (base). i asked for 16.2 on the base price and out the door with taxing is about 17.4. What can i do? anyone help pleaseeee!! negotiating skills or ways to negotiate would be great to come to a deal OUT THE DOOR. i hear that dealers work to the point where they drop 2.5 in some cases. Im not even looking for 2.5 but maybe even like 1.5-1.7. thanks for your help in advanced!!

here is the link. tell me what you would do in this position.

http://www.myvwaudi.com/2008_honda_civic_1314.php

·
Registered
40 Posts
I'd look up the Carfax or the AutoCheck report on the car and see when it arrived at their lot. If it's been with them for a while, you can hassle them and say "Hey, you've guys had the car since .... I'll take it for $amount"

Also, if you're going to finance thru them, you can really tell them how much you're willing to give up monthly and how much down you can give. When they get the quotes back from the lenders, they get different numbers. They'll start you off with the highest APR they can get you at. If you say no, they'll lower it. And so on and so forth.

Another thing you can do is just wait until the dealership lowers the price. Bad thing about this, someone else can get the car at the current price they're selling it for.

·
Premium Member
7,904 Posts
did you buy it? says its been sold.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts