8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i want to get my tail lights and possibly my head lights tinted black. not that dark, but just enough. anyone from California LA area know if its against the law? will i get a ticket if a **** cop comes my way?

thanks

steve.

·
Registered
3,233 Posts
I've had my tails tinted for about 2 years and haven't had any cops hassle me. I've also been pulled over for speeding twice (only 1 ticket) and they didn't say anything. I did mine with the spray can method and they aren't super dark. I'm in San Diego BTW.

·
idgaf
6,952 Posts
illegal, also think about when someone rear ends you and blames the tail light tints cause they can say it cause the accident. (visually)

·
Registered
21 Posts
i think it is but depending on where you live and how much the law is enforced can vary in which is hard to tell but most likely some time down the line a **** cop will site for it...

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
yes, it's illegal, but you can probably get away with it.

even if someone rear ends you they cant blame your tinted tails. well, i guess they could, but they would still be at fault in the accident.

·
Registered
3,233 Posts
It is pretty hard to see the brake lights with the dark film tints but with the spray on stuff you can choose how dark it is. I think mine are pretty damn visible in all conditions. The only draw back is that it kills most of the reflective properties.

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
illegal, also think about when someone rear ends you and blames the tail light tints cause they can say it cause the accident. (visually)
and ur for sure its written in California law that its illegal?

tints on front windows u cant have no matter what darkness it is, thats what im asking bout the tail lights.

·
Registered
389 Posts
never been hassled about the tint on the tailights yet any tint on my front windows and they get pist :readtherules:

·
Registered
172 Posts
Mine have the film over them and I haven't had a problem. I didn't get them done very dark so I think if you're going to get it done do it lighter then darker

1 - 20 of 22 Posts