8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,759 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Legal Mods in CA

Im startuing the list with the help of you guys on here for fellow members
who live in California and have to deal with with the stupid CARB requirements.
so start posting up some stuff and ill add them when i get free time..
Part/Part Number/Link
- AEM CAI (Non-Si) /21-517B (Blue) 21-517C (Silver) 21-517P (Polished) 21-517R (Red)
- AEM CAI (Si) /21-519C (Gunmetal) 21-519C (Polished)
- Comptech Intake
- Comptech Shorty Header
- CT-Engineering Super Charger: Stage I
- K&N Air Filter (Non-Si) /33-2342
- K&N Air Filter (Si) /33-2343
- K&N Typhoon:Cold Air Intake System (Non-Si) /69-1013TS
- K&N Typhoon:Cold Air Intake System (Si) /69-1014TS

G

·
^na they will still bust you just for it being "modified" from stock.
And you take it to the ref and have it certified.

V.C. Section 27150.2- Regulations Governing Exhaust Systems
Regulations Governing Exhaust Systems

27150.2. (a) Stations providing referee functions pursuant to Section 44036 of the Health and Safety Code shall provide for the testing of vehicular exhaust systems and the issuance of certificates of compliance only for those vehicles that have received a citation for a violation of Section 27150 or 27151.

(b) A certificate of compliance for a vehicular exhaust system shall be issued pursuant to subdivision (a) if the vehicle complies with Sections 27150 and 27151. Exhaust systems installed on motor vehicles, other than motorcycles, with a manufacturer's gross vehicle weight rating of less than 6,000 pounds comply with Sections 27150 and 27151 if they emit no more than 95 dbA when tested in accordance with Society of Automotive Engineers Standard J1169 May 1998.

(c) An exhaust system certificate of compliance issued pursuant to subdivision (a) shall identify, to the extent possible, the make, model, year, license number, and vehicle identification number of the vehicle tested, and the make and model of the exhaust system installed on the vehicle.

(d) The station shall charge a fee for the exhaust system certificate of compliance issued pursuant to subdivision (a). The fee charged shall be calculated to recover the costs incurred by the Department of Consumer Affairs to implement this section. The fees charged by the station shall be deposited in the Vehicle Inspection and Repair Fund established by Section 44062 of the Health and Safety Code.

(e) Vehicular exhaust systems are exempt from the requirements of Sections 27150 and 27151 if compliance with those sections, or the regulations adopted pursuant thereto, would cause an unreasonable hardship without resulting in a sufficient corresponding benefit with respect to noise level control.

Amended Sec. 4, Ch. 92, Stats. 2001. Effective January 1, 2002.
Amended Sec. 3, Ch. 569, Stats. 2002. Effective January 1, 2003.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Since I don't want to start a new thread and this is already floating around, can you take your exhaust to a state ref after you install it? Or do you have to wait till you get pulled over? Lol

·
Registered
334 Posts
Im startuing the list with the help of you guys on here for fellow members
who live in California and have to deal with with the stupid CARB requirements.
so start posting up some stuff and ill add them when i get free time..
Part/Part Number/Link
- AEM CAI (Non-Si) /21-517B (Blue) 21-517C (Silver) 21-517P (Polished) 21-517R (Red)
- AEM CAI (Si) /21-519C (Gunmetal) 21-519C (Polished)
- Comptech Intake
- Comptech Shorty Header
- CT-Engineering Super Charger: Stage I
- K&N Air Filter (Non-Si) /33-2342
- K&N Air Filter (Si) /33-2343
- K&N Typhoon:Cold Air Intake System (Non-Si) /69-1013TS
- K&N Typhoon:Cold Air Intake System (Si) /69-1014TS
I just installed the K&N Typhoon 69-1014TS. Is it legal? K&N says it isn't but it does over here.

·
Registered
37 Posts
i found the best mods in CA are not to do any engine mods and not to slam your car because now they give tickets for being to low....

1 - 17 of 17 Posts