8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I know age can really bring them on, but this is out of control :)

My left rear sits right at 1" below the right side. I measured from the top of the center cap to the bottom of the fender. Both fronts were the same, but the driver's side was 1" lower than the passenger's side.

I checked for leaking shocks, etc, but can't see anything wrong? The car doesn't drive funny, it just looks funny; you can really see it. Actually I wish the passenger's side would drop 1", and it would look great :thumb:

I've got an appointment with the dealer on Monday to see what they say. I'm guessing that my shock(s) have already leaked and that's why I can't see anything. Luckily I'm still all stock on my suspension :party:

Any comments on what I should ask or say when I'm at the Honda dealer?

BTW - 17,000 miles

Thanks,
Brian

·
Registered
800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
06CIVICFLBOI said:
dang son how much you weigh lol (have you checked ya tire pressure)
Yeah, I'm pretty anal about checking the tires, oil, tranny fluid every week when I wash it. All are OK (32f/30r). I do have the Si sway on the rear, could that cause it to drop????? I wouldn't think so.

·
Registered
800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Update

I feel like a dumb ass :pat:

It turns out that my car sits this way because of the way that my driveway is sloped. At the dealer in the level garage, the gaps were all the same. They did check and see if any of my shocks were leaking, and there was no sign.

I stopped in a parking lot after leaving the dealer, and sure enough, it was all good. When I got home and parked in my spot, I was 1" off on the driver's side.

I'm just glad that there was nothing wrong with the suspension.

BTW - they didn't even notice that I had the Si sway installed. Or if they did, they didn't say anything :laughing:.

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
lol

at least you can rest knowing there's nothing wrong with your car.
Wanna trade shocks?:laughing: (mine = blown)

And they probably have no idea you have an Si sway.
Past experience, they tend to look only @ the problem on hand, and not check anything else... or anything they damage:Mad:

·
Registered
1 Posts
I realize this is an old post but I have to reply. You do realize that shocks have nothing to do with suspension height right? The shock could be completely dead and the ride height would not change at all. The shock does nothing for suspension height. The height is controlled by the spring nothing else. Duh!
Well, I know age can really bring them on, but this is out of control :)

My left rear sits right at 1" below the right side. I measured from the top of the center cap to the bottom of the fender. Both fronts were the same, but the driver's side was 1" lower than the passenger's side.

I checked for leaking shocks, etc, but can't see anything wrong? The car doesn't drive funny, it just looks funny; you can really see it. Actually I wish the passenger's side would drop 1", and it would look great :thumb:

I've got an appointment with the dealer on Monday to see what they say. I'm guessing that my shock(s) have already leaked and that's why I can't see anything. Luckily I'm still all stock on my suspension :party:

Any comments on what I should ask or say when I'm at the Honda dealer?

BTW - 17,000 miles

Thanks,
Brian

1 - 8 of 8 Posts