8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 84 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
bofore i begin i'd like some input.

I dont want them to look like ebay ones by accident. Not really that there is anything wrong with the ebay ones, i like one or two of the ebay ones, just not the altezza's :(

If you have a pic of a tail light retro that you did or ebay ones please feel free to post whore some pics here, later i will updats the first post with progress, there by soon makeing making what you write here Gibberish :D

also here is a twist... im thinking of useing one of these... so instead of it blinking, it will chase or direct what way im going :D

6V Ultra-Bright LED Chaser

the reason behind this is It doesnt look like im going to be able to avoid the hyper flash without useing one of those fire causing resistors... SO, what im going to have to do is BY-pass the stock blinker assy and just use it as a signal to trigger my own trasisterized flasher. this should be pretty easy.

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
I'd want to do this too but I don't like the brake lights with all the "dots" I'd want lights that are solid and brighter.

·
Premium Member
13,469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
ok so here was what i was thinking with the center section...

The taillights are sanded for clearing later, i want to counter-sink the led's into the clear section so that the heads of the led's stick out a bit giving the assemble a "Bumpier look" :D. Thats why they look a but whiter then usual. then i wrapped it in clear-wrap so i can draw on it :D

The blue/white looking dots are 10mm 130000mck whits led's for the reverse lights, equaly spaced. the larger orange dots are amber Parana LED's, the smaller orange dots are 5mm led's

·
Premium Member
13,469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
here is a blank if you want to input your sugestions...

(yes paint is ok!) white and amber only. all I have in aber is 78 5mm for bolth sides and 16 parana led's the 10mm whites i think i have 20-30

·
Premium Member
13,469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
no they are sanded because the guy i bought them off-of tinted them and needed to fix it for his ticket. but ended up buying other lights instad, so i picked these up for a few bucks.

Im going to drill the lense and counter sink the 10mm white led's then clear the entire lense so them being snaded is a good thing :D

·
Premium Member
13,469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
damm me too?, Did you like the lay out or no???

·
Premium Member
13,469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
also here is a twist... im thinking of useing one of these... so instead of it blinking, it will chase or direct what way im going :D

6V Ultra-Bright LED Chaser

the reason behind this is It doesnt look like im going to be able to avoid the hyper flash without useing one of those fire causing resistors... SO, what im going to have to do is BY-pass the stock blinker assy and just use it as a signal to trigger my own trasisterized flasher. this should be pretty easy.

·
https://goo.gl/h7GssA
20,089 Posts
hmm let me start the creative juices so they can flow, I will edit the lights and post back in a bit...

haveing LEDs in there now you will not need the lights to be so thick in the back hehehehe

·
Premium Member
13,469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yea but we do have soooo many of them... BTW... we might need more red ones...

·
20,089 Posts
ok.. ok I'm working on something here please hold .... or rather go about as normal :D

·
Registered
2,125 Posts
Dude you guys are so creative with the things on these cars.

Even though they may seem little it makes your guys cars unique.

Keep up the good work.

·
Registered
628 Posts
no they are sanded because the guy i bought them off-of tinted them and needed to fix it for his ticket. but ended up buying other lights instad, so i picked these up for a few bucks.

Im going to drill the lense and counter sink the 10mm white led's then clear the entire lense so them being snaded is a good thing :D
ooo i see. it does look pretty cool like that anyway. and by lense do u mean the actual tail light or inside of the tail light?

and here is an idea also...if u could retrofit it so that all the red of the tail lights have leds (top&bottom) id prolly pic some up. ive never seen that done

·
20,089 Posts
get the ebay ones, there awesome and have no issues!
no thanks, this item will be hand made like on other out there..

besides we have a whole whack of LEDs that need something to do and this will be it... oh that and we just got this spare set of tail lights so one more set off e-bay hmm no thanks...

here is what I came up with while at work
in theory me design will need the following

39 10mm Red LEDs /side
16 10mm White LEDs /side
27 5mm Amber LEDs /side
39 5mm White LEDs /side
137 5mm Red LEDs /side
7 PARANA Amber LEDs /side

so that is

78 10mm Red LEDs /both
32 10mm White LEDs /both
54 5mm Amber LEDs /both
78 5mm White LEDs /both
274 5mm Red LEDs /both
14 PARANA Amber LEDs /both
--------
530 LEDs TOTAL yay

the White DOTS are RED LEDS, the blue-ish DOTS are WHITE LEDS... I used these colours to offset them from the colour of the light itself

·
20,089 Posts
ooo i see. it does look pretty cool like that anyway. and by lense do u mean the actual tail light or inside of the tail light?

and here is an idea also...if u could retrofit it so that all the red of the tail lights have leds (top&bottom) id prolly pic some up. ive never seen that done
just so we are clear on this

THIS WILL NEVER BE SOLD, THIS IS A ONE OFF CUSTOM PROJECT ONLY FOR US... but you are welcome to do something like this on your own

so please dont ask for this, thank you.

1 - 20 of 84 Posts