8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I have a 08 civic and I brought LED headlight bulbs last year with the high beams too. The driver side went out, but I ended up replacing both of them. Back in August, fast forward to now. The passenger side went out while I was on the high way. Yes, I brought them on eBay. I noticed that the DRL/High beams are still working and going on two years now though. So I’m a little confuse is it the bulbs that I’m buying that bad, or something with my car?

·
Registered
291 Posts
To get a set of actual quality LED headlights you are looking at a couple hundred dollars. Headlight Revolution sells a bunch of different brands. Their cheapest ones don't have any heatsink so I would avoid those. The heat is what kills the LEDs.

If you something that is bright and not going to burn out in a week then just get a halogen bulb. The brightest ones are the SYLVANIA SilverStar ULTRA. Bright and should have a pretty white light,

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Update, I remember my uncle telling me that there isn’t really a difference between the SYLVANIA SilverStar ULTRA and the SYLVANIA SilverStar. You’re just be paying for peace if mind. So I brought the SYLVANIA SilverStar instead.

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
If you something that is bright and not going to burn out in a week then just get a halogen bulb. The brightest ones are the SYLVANIA SilverStar ULTRA. Bright and should have a pretty white light,
I actually have these on my low/high beam and only recommend the low beam. It's a very nice white color which is on par with LED factory cars these days :)

I heard bad things about these bulbs burning out once a year. For me, its a small price to pay for a really nice bulb + extra vision at night. I'll see if I can post a pic later at night.

·
Registered
291 Posts
I just don’t understand how the $10 high beams/drl are still working for two years, but the low beams go out like nothing
The DRL is run at a low power so it doesn't get much heat. The high beam just doesn't see nearly as much total or constant use like the low beam bulb.

I heard bad things about these bulbs burning out once a year. For me, its a small price to pay for a really nice bulb + extra vision at night. I'll see if I can post a pic later at night.
Gotta remember that the people who experience are much more likely to leave feedback than someone who never has an issue. I try to take reviews product page too seriously. Can be an indicator but not the be all end all of how good something is. Being the brightest they offer then I wouldn't expect them to last as long. But they aren't expensive so not breaking the bank to replace them.

Glad to hear you like them. I think im gonna get a set for myself as I know drive home in the dark because of winter. The bulbs in it aren't bad but I wouldn't mind to have some more light.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I’ve heard that you can repair the LED lights by closing the contacts above the diode that’s died. You can look for more tutorials online, and they will explain things much better than I can.
I have been using LED lights for more than five years in my car and have not had any troubles. I use both internal and external LEDs, and these systems work fine. I recently installed multicolored Vont LED strip lights inside the salon, and I will never return to the old ones. These lights have so many colors and shades that I can choose, and I don’t even need to press a button for that - I can just use the remote control.

·
Registered
50 Posts
To get a set of actual quality LED headlights you are looking at a couple hundred dollars. Headlight Revolution sells a bunch of different brands. Their cheapest ones don't have any heatsink so I would avoid those. The heat is what kills the LEDs.

Just make sure you don't touch the glass part when installing them, the oil residue from your hands will cause them to burn out fast!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Yea sir, just $10 for the low beams. What’s a good price point that actually last?
$10?? I would never buy headlights at this price because I'm worried that low quality bulbs will have bad effects on my car. For me I went with AUXITO led headlights, I replaced them years ago, and so far no issue at all. Their bulbs have a nice built-in cooling system that dissipates the heat generated well when running, which extends the life of the bulb. And the lights are brighter, whiter and have the correct beam pattern. Great view when driving at night.
Plant Plant community Automotive lighting Hood Motor vehicle

1 - 15 of 15 Posts