8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Banned
7,824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if anybody got this? I guess it's a $1000 option (heated) but I was wondering if anyone here had purchased it and whether or not it was worth it.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Where can you buy this option at (besides a local hole in the wall)?

The one thing I miss most coming from VWs is the heated leather seats...

·
Registered
69 Posts
got what? I don't see a pic or link. There is no leather option for the civics as far as I know. I really wish there was though...

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
Honda dealer offered it to me for $900, but i decided to hold off till later. It would have only increased my payments by about $15 a month.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Hmm...this must be an aftermarket option your dealer is adding on. The new vics don't have a factory leather option. Did you get to see an example of it? I would be interested in something like this if my dealer offered it.

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
They didnt have any examples on new models cause they cant keep them on the lot, but yes it is after market. You should ask the dealer, most are happy to add it on. I got it added to my Sport Edition 4 runner because they dont come with leather either and its not that different from factory installed leather.

·
Registered
84 Posts
this doesnt make sense..... they Si doesnt have leather, right? Then they must be taking it from the Accord. But if they r heated too I would expect it to cost alot more than 1K

·
Banned
7,824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
jp375 said:
Hmm...this must be an aftermarket option your dealer is adding on. The new vics don't have a factory leather option. Did you get to see an example of it? I would be interested in something like this if my dealer offered it.
I wonder if it's Katzkin option? They do a few dealer installed leather options. They're biggest customer was Nissan but Nissan started whining and moaning so Katzkin (last I heard) pulled the deal. I wonder if Honda picked them up.

Does anybody think it would be worth it to purchase it for the Si? I dunno if I should leave it stock but the leather is nice (I have it in my Acura) and the heated seats would be great value in the NE area. It's already snowing inches and feet up here.

·
Banned
7,824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Kyle23 said:
this doesnt make sense..... they Si doesnt have leather, right? Then they must be taking it from the Accord. But if they r heated too I would expect it to cost alot more than 1K
I think it's about right. Doesn't seem like they're actually making any $$$ though. Leather kits online range from $575-$900 installed at authorized dealers, a little less for DIYers. Heated seating is about another $150-$275. Those are the prices for my sedan so it may be a little more or less. But they're definitely not making anything on labor.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I know my 7th gen has side airbags built into the seats. Does the 06 have similar? and can they do the leather without disabling the side airbags? Anybody have pics leather in an 06? I'm very interested in this, as it may sway my decision on what car to buy.

·
Registered
51 Posts
yup, when I went to purchase my Civic EX I asked if theres a Leather option and they said yes "YOu can put Leather On anything" but for a price. 1200 dollars... HAhaha..

·
Banned
7,824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hmm...good question. I know the 8th gens have sensors in the seats. None of the mag reviews or brochures I've read mentioned anything about seat airbags. But if no one here knows and if I can get out with the snow tomorrow, I'll get to the dealer and check for myself. Hopefully we can get some answers. But I would, IMO, say no they wouldn't disable the airbags, if they do have them. The dealer would have a possible lawsuit on their hands if the airbag didn't deploy in an accident because of a faulty install procedure or something.

·
Banned
7,824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
tom.smykowski said:
yup, when I went to purchase my Civic EX I asked if theres a Leather option and they said yes "YOu can put Leather On anything" but for a price. 1200 dollars... HAhaha..
That's $600-$700 more than I've heard on other installs...:eek: you woulda got robbed lol.

·
Registered
98 Posts
skittleslegend said:
That's $600-$700 more than I've heard on other installs...:eek: you woulda got robbed lol.
A complete leather interior installed for $500-$600? Not sure I want that kind of install in my car...

I know a few VW guys who installed Katzkin interiors in their mk4 Jettas... VWs had airbags galore 5 years longer than Honda and they work fine with them because they make the covers with that in mind. Honda does the bags a little different and they seem to be behind plastic panels instead of ripping through the seat.

·
Banned
7,824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
eluwak said:
A complete leather interior installed for $500-$600? Not sure I want that kind of install in my car...
I'm talking dealer installed leather. He said his dealer wanted $1200. Since it's aftermarket, the dealer can choose his own price. I know the guys at Automaster in Shelburne do leather installs for an extremely reasonable price and they're one of the best dealers I've ever had the pleasure of working with. Their customer service goes beyond bringing the car in for an oil change. I can't speak for every dealer, but if it's Katzkin leather, I'm definitely having them put it in my car. I overheard a girl ask one of the sales people and he told her $900 installed.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Do you think these aftermarket options look as good as they would from the factory? Do you think tearing the car apart to install this stuff just loosens the panels up to make the car a big rattle box? I know most options do the seats and the door panels as well.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts