8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have just installed leather on a 2006 Honda Civic with Navigation! I am fully aware of the warnings against adding leather to a car with side curtain airbags, but we were assured that a special leather (thin enough to not affect the detection system) with special stitching (that allows the seat to split open) would not affect the safety system in the vehicle. A regular job would have cost $900 but the special installation ran us a little over $1300!
It looks amazing, and hopefully i will never have to test the airbags in this car!

I am having trouble posting pictures, and was wondering if someone could assist me in uploading the pictures to show everyone.

YOU GOTTA SEE THIS!!!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
PICTURES of Bronze Leather on Galaxy Grey Metallic

Sorry i did not reply to any personal messages, but here are the pictures! Thanks to all who helped!

We were told that the factory recommended seat color, (on galaxy grey metallic), was slate, (a light grey), matching the glove box, and the back of the seat. We decided to go with the bronze leather against their recomendation. The color we chose matched the top part of the dashboard, and looks amazing! The camera's bright flash makes the leather appear a different shade, but it actually matches the dash quite nicely. Check it out!​

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks to Webby and silver8th for help with images!

to answer silver8th's question, we removed the original upholstrey and added leather to the seat's skeleton. Took about 5 hours.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Oooh, I wonder how hard that would be to throw leather seats into an Si...not really planning on it, just would be pretty sweet. :)

·
Registered
380 Posts
i have a 24" and it looks ok :p xD

mine is more grey like the dash or at least thats what i can recall from the one in the dealer also it has de Honda H in the leather.... but the price is about the same im payin 1k $ extra for the leather

·
Registered
15 Posts
cant you get this done at honda dealerships. my mom got leather done on hers at a dealship here in orlando and it looks fantastic. black with red stiching and honda H stiched in red.

thats where i plan to get mine done at. but i think i would rather go with black or a gray. that leather matches more of your exterior than anything else but it looks good non the less. and you have leather and i have cloth

·
Premium Member
37,357 Posts
Leather in an Si. Black on black with the stitching is so sexy.
We've got a place near here that has an Si with black leather/ grey suede split seating with the stitching. It looks great.

·
Registered
4,229 Posts
atruhondagrl said:
Leather in an Si. Black on black with the stitching is so sexy.
We've got a place near here that has an Si with black leather/ grey suede split seating with the stitching. It looks great.

I hope you can hunt them down and get us some pictures of this. I would love to see this. ;)

1 - 20 of 35 Posts